Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

filming hunts

Old 10-08-2002, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default filming hunts

my friend is bow hunting and asked me to film it for him...hopefully tomarow if we find a tree stand we can borrow...weather will be partly cloud high around 60 when we will be out after school so the conditions will be pretty good...also it will be the first day there wasnt a constant wind so that makes me think tomarow might be a pretty good day if all goes well...i will be filming with a little hand held camcorder..im not sure if it has a screen on the side or not...i bet that would make my job easier...but either way does anybody have any tips for me ive never filmed a hunt? thanx alot..

Old 10-11-2002, 09:13 PM

Default RE: filming hunts

Set up with the sun at your back. Also keep a wider angle. If you zoom in too close your picture will bounce around more.

Good luck and have fun,
curly
Old 10-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: filming hunts

your post was a few days late but thanx...i learned not to move until the camera focuses itself or lines will be all over the picture...i got a few nice clips of turkeys though...no deer came by that day...maybe next time...thanx

mauser06