Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Filming your hunts! >

Filming your hunts!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Filming your hunts!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Filming your hunts!

How many people will be filming their hunts this season?

I bought avideocamera (sony)this past April, right before Spring Turkey season. I managed to record my turkey harvest from inside my ground blind.I had my camera mounted on my tripod aiming out one windowwhile I shot out of the other. Ever since that day I've been hooked on bringing my camera out with me on every occasion. From hanging stands, to shed hunting to deer and turkey, my camera is just asimportant to me as my weapon of choice. Harvesting adeer or turkey is a great high,but managing tocapture the entire hunt on video, is a whole different level of excitementin my opinion.

My father,brother-in-law and I have bought several more hang-ons this year just so we can have double sets around the farm to film each other.And for those days where I'm hunting alone, Ijust recently ordered a pro camera support thatattaches to the treemaking it easierto film and hunt by yourself at the same time.

For those of you who haven't tried filming your hunts I can't encourage you enough to give it a try. Ipromise you thatyour hunting experience will never be the same!

http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=DUB2547/101.1.5331.0.0.0.0
Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Spike

Default RE: Filming your hunts!

Yes sir. I take my video camera every time I head for the woods. I bought a gorilla camera arm for my setup and it works reasonably well. My little brother is only 12 years old and has started hunting. I like to film him and was lucky enough to get his first longbeard on film. Maybe 20 years later he can show that video to his kids. Here is a site that specializes in outdoor cameras. They are expensive so it is probably for the serious camera man. www.campbellcameras.com
Old 09-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep!!!! Just go over to the WKP site and you will see I do!! Walt
Old 09-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah man it is great! My buddy and i have been filming our deer and turkey hunts since 2005. we now have every stand dubble hung for filming. The camera mount for the tree makes a huge differance. we came out with our own demo dvd after this past turkey season and we are trying to come out with a dvd for sale after this deer season (hopefully). We are also trying to get on local tv. My friends boss's wife works for a local production company in Pittsburgh and she took a copy of our demo because they have been talking about getting a local hunting show on tv. so we will see. good luck filming this year!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya how else will i get on dream season i wont to plan to buy a camera the recorder kind but right now i do not have the money hopefuly by end christmas
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I'm going to give it a try this year when I hunt from my blind.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:32 PM

Yes, we have the Gorilla Camera Arm and it works great for us. It definately adds more challenge to the sport and a lot of fun as well. Good luck with your filming and hunting this year to all. Saturday it the opener of buck in PA and I can't wait for it to begin.

JMO