Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Anyone filming their own hunts? >

Anyone filming their own hunts?

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Anyone filming their own hunts?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Anyone filming their own hunts?

Any luck so far and what kind of setup do you use.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone filming their own hunts?

Here is a link to my website : http://www.pronghornproduction.com Most of the video clips on there are self taped most recently is the clip called the "old doe" I shot in sept of this year..............equipment I use is : Hunter cam cradle HD, Panasonic DVX100p , Rode videomic, Sony headphones, Panasonic GS120 backup camera and also used as a deck, Pinnacle studio 10.6 editing software.

Good luck!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:26 AM

Using a GL2 and all the fixins' got it from Campbell's Cameras. Great camera. Had great success on our Arizona bull elk hunts and deer hunts this year. Love it and learning a lot!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I film on my own I use my Lone Wolf Strong Arm in the treestand, and a tripod when I'm on the ground. Using a stripped-down version of my two-man filming rig, which basically means a GL2 with no bells or whistles on it.

When I've got a dedicated cameraman we're using an Audio-Technica shotgun mic, Sennheiser wireless mics running through a Beachtek XLR adapter, and a set of cheapo Sony headphones on a HunterCam Cradle HD arm with the Bogan 700RC2 head.

No luck self-filming this year, but we've taken a bunch of stuff with a cameraman present.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

ONE OF MY HUNTING BUDDIES AND I HAVE BEEN FILMING OUR HUNTS SINCE ABOUT 2000. WE HAVE 8-10 MOOSE TAKEN WITH BOW ON VIDEO AND ????? 25 BLACK BEARS ALSO TAKEN WITH BOWS. LOTS OF GREAT FOOTAGE. SOME CARIBOUI FOOTAGE. ALSO ALOT OF FISHING, DALL PORPOSIE (SP)AND WHALE FOOTAGE IN PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND. LOTS OF FUN BUT ADDS A COUPLE DEGREES OF DIFFICULTY TO THE HUNT.OUR WET WEATHER SURE DOES THE CAMERASIN THOU.
I HOPE TO VIDEO MY GOAT HUNTS NEXT FALL. PLANNING 8 WEEKS OF HUNTING HAVE SET A GOAL TO ARROW A GOAT BEFORE I TURN 60AND THAT MEANS IT HAS TO BE DONE NEXT SEASON.[] IF I CONNECT THEN I WILL HUNT AND FILM OTHER SPECIES.
NEED TO TAKE TIME AND LEARN EDITING ALOT BETTER THAN I CURRENTLY KNOW HOW. HAVE NOT DONE MUCH SLEF VIDEOING.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm trying to film my own bow hunts, but the deer aren't cooperating.[&:]

My filming rig so far is a....

Panasonic AG DVX-100b camcorder

Video editing software...
Vegas 7.0, Cinescore 1.0, ACID Pro 6.0, Sound Forge 8.0 and DVD Architect 4.0
Old 12-11-2007, 02:20 PM

What do you want the video to look like when it's done? When I or anyone from my company is filming we hardly ever film with just one camera. We've got a lot of other toys too that make the final video pretty fun to watch. You can check out some of my videos on my website www.predatorhouse.com
Pick one that you like and I'll tell you how we made it.

If you are just looking for footage toreview your kill shot, I'd use a tree mount or a tripod andjust a standard video camera with a good battery. I prefer Sony becauseusually they are the best in low-light conditions. If you wantto make avideo that'snot superboring, getan editing program and preferably a 2nd camera. iMovie,Pinnacle Studio are some of the simple inexpensive ones but Adobe Premiere, Avid or Final Cut Prois where the good stuff is. If you want a video that's exciting to watch, hire a cameraman. It's almost impossible to get all the shots necessary to make a quality video andactually drop the animal at the same time. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Spike

I'm planning on using a Samsung XC-300l camera. Its a hard drive digital, and it comes with an external lense designed for helmet camera use. The camera is designed to be weather proof and to take a shock in extreme sports, so hopefully I can set it up for some first person shooting.
I'll be trying to use this system for some first person views of the things we do here in our field training sessions (canadian military) when we do our attacks, I know alot of you guys here would find it interesting, its more intense than you can beleive!