Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how to get deer in here for next year?? >

how to get deer in here for next year??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how to get deer in here for next year??

Old 10-07-2005, 08:38 PM

Default how to get deer in here for next year??

At the very far back is a river bottom, then closer to us is a field, another field thats closer then a patch of woods about 15 acres worth of woods. There are deer coming through every once in a while but its not enough to go hunt there. Is there anyway to get them to bed up. I know if there was more cover but I can't fix that. Is there anything I can do?
Old 10-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: how to get deer in here for next year??

Thats plenty of acreage to hunt.I often hunt on as little as 5 acres.Just treat it as a large piece of property . The travel paths in and out is where i would set up
Old 10-08-2005, 07:39 AM

If it is your property ? You could always cut down some trees and leave the treetops . Deer love to bed in treetops , they provide good cover . Are food plots an option for you ? They will attract deer and KEEP THEM ON your property . If you own your own land you can think of it as a painting . There are sooooo many things you can do to make it just the way you want it , DEER heaven . Take a look at some quality deer management sights . They have alot of tips on how to modify terrain and stuff to make it more appealing to deer.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Plant some honeysuckle or other browse , they'll use them for cover as well as food . Grapes are a good choice too .
Old 10-09-2005, 07:04 AM

If foodplots are an option for you, keep them planted year round. Here at my place in Alabama, we plant soybeans and corn in the summer, then plant our greens for fall/winter. If you feed them year round, they'll stay.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

If this is an immediate concern and baiting is allowed in your state then you may want to consider putting out a baitpile. On the other hand, if this is more long term then a food plot is an excellent suggestion.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

If this is an immediate concern and baiting is allowed in your state then you may want to consider putting out a baitpile. On the other hand, if this is more long term then a food plot is an excellent suggestion.
I'm with Frank. If baiting is legal put out a mineral block or put up a cheap PVC pipe corn-feeder. It brings deer into my place. And it'll only take them a few days to find it.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:43 AM

if youareup to ityou might want to consider puttin peanut butter in a jar and put it in a tree about 10 to 15 yards away from you and wait about a hour or 2.where i hunt in alabama the bucks come in packs and you will have a free shot while they are standing on the tree.