Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone not taken a deer this year? >

Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Old 12-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Just wondering if im the only hunter on the planet that still has not taken a deer this year. I know good things come to those who wait....well im still waiting. Dont get me wrong Im not complaining. I really enjoy being out in the woods forgetting about work and everything else life has to throw our way, but a fat little doe sure would make some good jerky.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:18 AM

Default RE: Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Sorry, I took mine the first day of rifle season.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your not alone. I've had plenty of chances, but have been holding out for a nice one. My arechery season dosn't end until Dec.31 so I have time left. If I don't get any with my bow there are three days of doe with a rifle at the end of the month. I can fill the freezer then.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

As many deer as there are in Oklahoma, I am truly shocked that you haven't scored yet. I live in Texas but have a place north of Cherokee, OK, and we are over run with deer. My son killed an 8 point and doe during muzzleloader, and my buddy and I both took does. My brother and his buddy both took does also. We were all looking for big horns and could find what we wanted, so we will wait until next year.

I guess my question to your post is; have you not seen any deer or are you just picky like me?
Old 12-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I with you, I can't believe I've been skunked so far this year. I've let a few smaller bucks walk but haven't had a chance at a doe. Coulda took a fawn one night but decided not to. Looks likethe bowmay be the last hope.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

I too have not taken a deer yet. Well that's not entirely true. Last day of the 1st muzzleloader season my cousin and i were sitting in the same ground blind. 2 does came up and me being on the right side i shot at the deer on the right thinking he would take the 1 on the left.
1 deer falls, The deer on the right falls. I'm thinking i got mine. We walk to the deer and it has 2 bullet holes in it. I asked my cousin which 1 he was shooting at? he says the 1 on the right. Oh well, so technically, i harvested half a deer. But he still had meat from last year so he gave me the deer.
He has since gotten 4 more and i have gotten 0. But in my defence I did start bowhunting this year and was spending some time doing that. Also i have taken my 2 boys out trying to put them on a deer. My older son let 2 deer walk after i was nearly yelling at him to shoot. The 1st was 25 yards away and the other 35 yards away. Both times were with a muzzleloader. My youngest son never came close to a shot, but with all his moving around sure did spook alot away. Once a deer came within 15 yards but my youngest son was between me and the deer. I kept whispering for him to lay down in the blind slowly, but by the time he finally did i was nearly yelling it and the deer spooked.
I usually get 3-5 deer a year and this year sucks as far as getting deer. But i have had alot of good times with my 2 sons in the woods and also alot of frustration.e have 2 more weeks of muzzleloader season starting saturday. Saturday i will take the boys but i will be alone during the week. Hopefully i can harvest some meat for the winter.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

ive already took two deer and am going for my second with bow this year.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I took two doe opening of archery season. Seen two little bucks earlier and nothing since. Its been a month. Arrrrggggg. I need to tag a buck.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have drawn a blank so far this year. It's tough when you have limited places to hunt.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I took two doe opening of archery season. Seen two little bucks earlier and nothing since. Its been a month. Arrrrggggg. I need to tag a buck.
Burniegoeasily...I know we are from the same area and I noticed the same thing happening to me. I saw a few bucks the first coulple weeks of bow season and not much since. I am still working on getting me one, but I feel like something will come my way...I just have to be patient.

Quick Reply: Anyone not taken a deer this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.