Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Newbie with ammo question

Old 10-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Newbie with ammo question

i may get jumped on for it but neck shots will also work as long as you do your part. of course this won't work on a moving deer. if you aren't confident in your shooting ability by all means take the lung shot. if you get proficient at shooting the neck shot may be usefull. if you hit them they drop. if not they get away unharmed.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:02 PM

Go with Core loks. Make a good shot and go get your deer.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:59 PM

Hunter06FlKy
I have shot enough with my 17hmr with magnum research barrel hit squirrels head shots at 50 yds no problem with good tree to rest on my uncle says young and good eyes.LOL
also what realy improved my shooting is my beeman precision air rifle with very good triger adjusted down to less than 1,5 pounds about 1500 rounds ayear at least! Okenough blowing my horn as my uncle says. but if you had a good opertunity and faith to make a neck shoot do you need to hiy the neck bone-spine if this is the case what is it two inches wide? If thats the case I dont think I would try it unless it was 100 yds or less and I wouldzero my rifle in at 50yds does this soun rite for a flatshooting .25? I sure would hate to wound or maim a animal but I will keep practicing with my gun untill season starts. one thing I dont like about my new and first centerfire is how long I have to wait for barrel to cool down and price per round!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:34 PM

this is a three inch circle theshoot on left is not off I was shooting for the beek using a 4.5-16 weaver. Im not putting this here to brag just want to know if yall think I should make a neck shoot? It sound more challanging than shooting at a basketball. also I cant wait till season opens it's like waiting on cristmas! dose this felling happen every year! I have allready sit in my stand three time just watching the deer.