Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Newbie has a question! >

Newbie has a question!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Newbie has a question!

Old 09-06-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Newbie has a question!

I've really enjoyed onlooking onto this forum. I've retrieved alot of useful information, and I appreciate it. I got a bowtech stalker about 2 1]2 months ago and am having a blast. However, last week I was shooting and my cable broke. The guys that I bought it from (it was a used bow) were perfectly willing to fix it for free. They did, but now I do not have as much let-off as I did. Do ya'll know anything to try? Thanks!
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Newbie has a question!

the only thing I can think of is they put the wrong size cable on.the little post on the side of your bottom cam that stops the draw changes your draw lenght and your let-off a little but not 65 to 80% the boe either has a 65% mod or a 80% mod.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:29 PM

I had thought of that;however, they called Bowtech and made sure that they had the right cable length. That is why I'm stumped. Shopuld I just adjust that little post on my cam? Thanks!

Old 09-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

if you move it to the S its gonna get shorter draw and towards the L is longer draw.if there is to many twists in your string its gonna max out over what the bow says for instance if your bow goes to 70lbs. and there are to many twists in it its gonna come out to 73,72,71.I would check out bowtechs website and download the manual.it tells what the timing mark is on it too.unless those guys ghanged your mod to a 65% let off mod?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 PM

I don't think that they changed the mod. I looked at the post and re-adjusted my draw length. I will look at bowtech's website soon. I appreciate all your help, brad patriot.
Thanks!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:36 AM

if they just changed your cable and your cam is timed the same as it was, everything else is the same also. you'll need to reference your cam timing to get it back like it was.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:53 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: gibblet

" you'll need to reference your cam timing to get it back like it was."
How do you do that? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure of the terminology here. What do you reference it to? Thanks