Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Suburban Deer Haven

Old 07-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Suburban Deer Haven

If this link works, it will show the patch of woods that is at the end of my road. We just moved here and I've already seen a lot of deer sign in the back yard (which I had to fence). This is in Audubon, PA. the same area where Chris Jones got the 197" crossbow buck last year.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=18&X=1161&Y= 11110&W=1&qs=3132+Middle+School+Drive%7cAu dubon%7cPA&Addr=3132+Middle+School+Dr%2c+Norri stown%2c+PA+19403&ALon=-75.4132115&ALat=40.1487809

Our house is where the red dot is. Actually it's on the other side of the street and down a couple. The woods are on the left side of the neighborhood. The big building on the left side of the woods is a maintenence building for a school. The school is further off and not visible from the picture. The land's not posted but it is school property. I've posted about this before but I thought I put a picture up to give it some perspective. As of right now, it's a shed hunting spot for next winter. It would be great if I could get archery permission but won't hold my breath.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default RE: Suburban Deer Haven

Ihunt a similar place in the city that I live in,I would try to huntit if you can get in and out withuot causing yourself any trouble.Do you have any freinds that live in the houses that butt upagaianst the woods?If so then see if they will le tyou go in thru there yard,that is how I hunt my suburban land.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:20 PM

Ask the local authorities first, school properties are typically weapons free. Its not worth a felony charge.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to a neighbor last night who thinks that much of the woods may be township property and the school only owns up to the woods edge. There's another strip of woods that runs along the opposite side of the road below mine that is considered county park property. The county was going to put a hiking/bike trail in but the Army Corps or Engineers said it was too swampy. Maybe there's hope yet.