White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Muddy sticks

Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muddy sticks

How many average hunters dropped $400+ on a Double Bull blind. How many guys dropped $190.00 on a LW treestand? How many guys drop $2,000.00 on a pair of Swarovski binoculars?

For every industry - there are a variety of market segments that are willing to pay a certain amount of money for superior products. We tap into a huge market because of the number of applications that a stool can be used in. Consider for a moment, turkey hunting, deer hunting, duck hunting, dove hunting, prong-horn antelope, elk,mule deer,fishing, and I won't even get into soccer moms and other sports.

Some people get it - some don't. At the ATA we had quite a few people straight-up tell us - I won't pay that much. We hadas many or more industry guys that didn't care what the price was because they were sick of sitting in junk chairs for a hundreds of hours each season. The guys whoget it - get it. The ones that don't have a bunch of cheap alternatives to choose from. Ours is guaranteed for life, andunlike treestands, sticks, andblinds - you only need one!

They make buckets everyday!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I here ya big hunter! Can't see to drop that much for a chair. it looks great but I can do with a fold up chair from meijers.Its pretty unreal how expensive this industry is. But hey I'll be at lansing show to pick up a copy and say Hi! I hear kyle did a excellant job!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

$200 for a stool! hahahahahahahaha Good luck selling that one boys, let alone it's too heavy to lug around the turkey woods!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess the joke is on us because I watched Scott at the ATA and Grand Rapids placing orders as fast as he could!! Walt
Old 01-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Spike

Expensive, somewhat light weight, but they appear to have a few things that none of the other crappy chairs have... comfort and durability. I've bowhunted turkeys the past 10 years and almost every year I have to buy a new chair because I wear it out within a month or so. $10-$25 a pop over that amount of time and I've bought a couple of these Huntmores. If they have a guaranteed lifetime warranty that makes me seriously consider them. It doesn't hurt that I could drive to Todd's doorstep and bonk him on the head with it if it happened to break!!

I will be giving them a HARD look at the iowa deer classic this year.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Spike

Another high priority question... do these chairs make your balls hurt after sitting in them for a hour or two? How high do the seats go? All my other chair legs were too short so my knees would be up in my grill and after a couple hours the boys would hurt as well as my knees beginning to ache.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, the seat pad is stiff-enough that it conforms to the radii of your "butt" - but stiff enough so that you don't feel the webbing between your legs - or anywhere on your butt. It's all about load distribution. The more contact area you have between your butt and the pad or seat of any chair - the less of a load any particular "spot" or "point" will feel. This is the exact reason why so many chairs are made with a contour - to match you butt so you don't have hot-points - which cause discomfort.

As far as the height goes, it's low enough to use in any ground blind, which is tough to do. It has about 7 inches of vertical adjustment (I think)? Something like that anyway. We will also have some taller models available for guys who aren't necessarily using them for ground blind hunting.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Spike

Looks like I'm going to park my butt radii on one of those chairs at the iowa classic and not move for a few hours just to get a feel for the chair. Hope the guy in the booth don't mind! If it don't make my nether regions numb then it's worth twice what the cost is. You should make an attachment that goes up and cradles my neck so I can nap in even more comfort!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Maybe I'm bias, but I do a lot of hunting out of ground blinds and have always sat on the $20 chairs that everyone has. After a couple of hours, it's not comfortable and not the easiest to shoot out of. I know a lot of people who spend $200 on things that they will never get that much use out of. Anyone who spends as much time in the woods as I do knows that comfort is worth $200. If you can't enjoy your hunt, there is no reason to be out there. They have a lifetime warranty, so I think the price is worth it. If you don't, then have fun sitting on your 'bargain'chair and when your butt and back gets sore 2 hours into a hunt, think of us in happy Huntmore Stool Land where everything is nice and comfortable
Old 01-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Like Todd said, there is a market for them, but it's not the average guy that buys a $30 DB seat. It's no different than $600-1000 trail cams or 50K trucks. Not as many sold, but there will be enough. I hope they do well and I'll be willing to bet that they will progress similar to DB. When folks start hearing about the quality they will buy it. It wasn't that long ago that people wouldn't consider paying $400 for a blind. Now they're $450 and selling like hot cakes.

Quick Reply: Muddy sticks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.