White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

The Grind//Todd

Old 03-09-2008, 02:35 PM

Default The Grind//Todd

Todd,
Just finished watching the grind and must say nicely done. (Have also seen Beyond the Kill).
I'm from Michigan and will be comingto Iowa this bow season for a DIY hunt by myself, in Zone 7.

Todd are you hunting leased property only in Iowa? I have a few public areas picked out and was wondering if this is the correct path to go?

Keep the real videos coming and hope to see you some day in Iowa!!!

Gaffs N Sling

Old 03-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Grind//Todd

Thanks brother! Appreciate the feedback!

As far as ground goes, public is good here - but it totally depends on what you expect to see. If you would be happy with a 130 class 3-1/2 year old deer - that can happen on public without too much problem. If you want mature (4-1/2 or older) deer, then it's tough - heck it's tough anywhere.

It's a matter of time, energy, and money. If you have more money than time - then you may want to arrange for either an outfitted hunt, or work with some guys on a lease.

IMO - I'm done with public. Too many factors to deal with - let alone trying to kill a nice buck. I've found that knocking on doors and working for a piece of private is worth the time. I would be willing to bet if you spent a full day knocking on doors in zone 7 you could find more ground than you would have time to hunt. Study aerial photos, plot maps, and find land owners before traveling. That's my recommendation!

Good luck brother!

Todd
Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 PM

I will hae a copy this week from what I seen of the trailer it should be awesome. I know how hard it is todd and I aplaud you guys, Cant wait to get that apparel and give you some free advertisement at our shop, Our shop is huge and we have a 4 state clientel,
Old 03-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Thats cool Michiana! Where are you guys located???

Jay