Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Heres one that walked

Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Heres one that walked

Well guys here is a buck Aaron and I had history with this season on Oct 27 and on Nov 14. Both days he came into the same stand and offered MULTIPLE broadside and quatering away shotsshots at 15 yards and stood within 5 feet both times of each other. He looks to be a 3.5 year old max and has decient mass for his age. Hes a 5 x 6 and I think we made the right decision since he got alot of potential for next year. I dont think he'll get as luck if we have a chance next season.I pulled these still of our footage. Do you guys agree hes 3.5 and around 130" gross???

Old 11-22-2007, 08:07 AM

Default RE: Heres one that walked

I think he looks like a 2.5 yr old. It looks to me like he has some awesome genetics and will most likely be a giant in a couple of years. He just doesn't appear to be that old of a deer. I think you made a good decision on passing him. Ryan
Old 11-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

he doesn't look too wide..good choice man..but since I'm going for my first buck..I'ld shoot it

Old 11-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Im just hoping he explodes into a slob in the future. He may not get a chance to walk next year. Hes not all that smart either. Hes one of the most curious bucks Ive ever seen. I said 3.5 max as I know hes no older than 3.5 but I was also thinking he may be younger too. If he is 2.5 then at 4.5 he may scare us.

Jay
Old 11-23-2007, 05:24 AM

Hey that would be a tough one to pass on and I give you guys credit for that. He does look like a young one so he will grow into a monster if given the opportunity. Good luck on finding a giant the rest of the season.

Chad
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 AM

I also have to give you credit for being able to pass on him, but he is gunna be a hawg in the future.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Jason - that's a heck of a buck and definitely a tough one to pass. From the looks of his body/face, he looks like a 2 1/2 with a LOT of potential. Nice job on passing him up, you're a better man than I am. He'd be at my taxidermist right now if I was in your shoes.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:34 AM

Definately a buck that a person can enjoy passing up.

The real test is going to be next year when he is a 3.5 160-170". What are you going to do? 160-170 right now or world class at 4.5?

i don't know your hunting situation on whether you will have this property for years to come or if you have neighbors that manage their ground but im sure your own personal decisions and situation will dictate the outcome of this buck.

These are the deer I love to see grow old.

Good luck with him. He is a super stud for his age.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Tyler! We knew he had the stuff it takes and thats the reason hes still walkin. If hes there next season we will have a real hard decision to make but there are other target bucks on the property that we are after and could possibly see letting him walk again if need be. There is still Heavy D(the double drop) buck I missed and another old buck nicknamed Bad Boy who is an absolute tank. We have footage of all these bucks so we'll be lookin hard and close next season and we still have a trip or two yet this year. Im not sure how long we will have this property but it looks like we will be hunting it next season. I already cant wait til next season. We will also have more time to play with trail cams this summer to see what were coming up with. It would be cool to see him this summer in velvet and too see what he has done. Were also going to be shedding this property this spring to see if we can find his sheds. Along with a few others.

Jay