Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Walked hunting property today >

Walked hunting property today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walked hunting property today

Old 09-02-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Walked hunting property today

Went to the woods to check a few of the blinds made of natural surroundings. We have had some heavy rain this past month and had to see how bad it hurt the property.
Hung two stands and sat in three of the four natural blinds made of fallen trees and old brush piles.
Sat and watch a few does a young four pointer and a young six pointer, feeling older more mature bucks still hanging near and in the farmers fields. Eat boys eat get big and healhty before season starts.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Walked hunting property today

I here ya.

Went and talk to a potential customer the other day in an area I've not been to before. The closer I got the more my brain started screaming, holy crap if this isn't prime whitetail country. As we talked I started into my routinein order to gain permission to hunt. The man, very nice people, instintly got hyped up so I quickly backed off. Someday I hope to hunt it. Seems to own quit a bit of land in the area. Powerful area and yet it doesn't show in the regs. A puzzle to me. Then again our area has the only 2 counties in the state that have gone backwards in more liberal tags. 3 years ago Defience and Williams took a step back. I hope the additional tags this year doesn't hurt our fragile rebuilding for years to come.

Ya got'a move out of Toledo.If your just using it as a reference to the area your from I wonder about your sanity.JK
Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Walked hunting property today

It's coming! Leaves are already turning here in NY and the deer are munching away in the clover every night!