Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 weyerhauser lands closed >

weyerhauser lands closed

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

weyerhauser lands closed

Old 08-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: weyerhauser lands closed

I agree with that as well, trapper. I said "where I live", Wayne. In that case, there is no reason for your response to my post. I wasn't bad mouthing "just bow hunters." Though, I as a gun hunter, I don't hear of near as many ppl legitimately(sp) wounding elk and not finding them with guns as we find dead elk with arrows in them (besides the outlaw locals and city slickers that have cow tags and head for the fields and start blasting every elk in sight then only recover the ones left in the field). But that's just me. Sorry to offend. Just stating something, not bashing or bad mouthing.

Weyco usually shuts their gates due to fire danger and when they feel like the hunters are polluting to much, not due to careless hunters but your right, it doesn't help any.

P.S. It's not a bubble, it's a box, lol. I sometimes call it Washington. Happy Hunting...
Old 08-05-2004, 02:05 PM

Let's not fight against each other, we are all hunters. Bowhunters need to be a foot or else they don't eat much venison. Not much fire danger involved .
Old 08-05-2004, 08:24 PM

Weyco usually shuts their gates due to fire danger and when they feel like the hunters are polluting to much, not due to careless hunters but your right, it doesn't help any
Now thats their reason from the mid '80s to present but before then most of their land was open almost year round. Careless hunters played huge role in gettin the gates locked the way they are today. From stealing rigging and shooting up holes in their equipment and even dumping trash everwhere , granted not all came from hunters.But they did notice a sharp increase in vandalism during hunting seasons. So just as any other infringement on our sport usually comes from something a careless hunter did, that is why the Weyeco gates are closed like we have them now.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: tomr1962

Let's not fight against each other, we are all hunters. Bowhunters need to be a foot or else they don't eat much venison. Not much fire danger involved .
Granted the act of bowhunting isn't truly combustable but your hot exhaust draggin across dry grass or even say you drop an arrow and the broadhead strikes a rock and sparks? Could well happen.

Now I'm not a Weyehaueser apologist, actually I think they're a greedy monopoly but It is private land and they can do what they see fit with it. That timber is their money and they don't like to burn their money?
Old 08-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Trapper T is exactly right. Weyerhaueser doesn't like to burn their money, lol. Buncha money grubbers is what they are. Weyco's CEO made $8.6 billion last year and all the loggers still get sh!tty pay. It's sad...

Tom: Some hunters, both bow and gun, camp on Weyerhaueser land during the seasons. And you know what every hunting camp has to have...a fire. It's probably been a problem in the past so Weyco may have gotten smarter and learned from the mistakes and started locking the gates. It's not the hunter himself being flammable like trapper t said, lol.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Weyerhaueser land that I hunt on over by Castle Rock, lock's it's gate's during bow season....during gun season...the gate's are locked during the week...then they unlock them for the week-end's for the gun hunter's....Have never figured out why they get the preferance....although I must say...it make's for good bow hunting....cus every tom dick and harry can't drive in..
Old 08-06-2004, 06:34 PM

Wayne I think it may be a preference due to numbers? Gun hunters out number bow hunters like 3 or 4 to 1. Not to say that's fair but I think that's the reasoning behind it. Even as a gun guy I'd like to see them shut some of the spur road gates to limit vehicle access a bit. If you ever get the chance, go to the Vail tree farm during the rifle deer season, go with the intent to watch how mind numblingly stupid some of these" hunters" are? It's a hoot , I grew up hunting there and to watch some of these bafoons is truly a riot.Mostly because of their woodsmanship is that of a gnat.That and the deer they bring out...wow...I don't know how they see those antlers with a spotting scope[:'(]

About four years ago I took a smallish forked horn, 10-12 inch spread, 5-6 inch forks. My deer and one other guy who got a 5X5 were the biggest to come out that WE? Most are knot heads that were probably early fawns that happened to get a couple bumps on their heads. It's a shame I wish this state had the nads to restrict antler points some what. But those same moronic hunters are the ones at the WDFW meetings crying about not getting antler restrictions.[:'(]
Old 08-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gun hunters out number bow hunters like 3 or 4 to 1
Bet them #'s are higher that that Trapper...When I'm in there hunting...I'm lucky to see maybe 4 other hunter's. My buddy who own's a logging outfit...and cut's mainly for Weyerhaueser...say's that during gun season..all you see everywhere there is hunter's.....I'm only talking about elk season....not sure what happen's during Deer season.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:11 AM

I was just guesstimating on those numbers, your probably right. And as far as Elk or Deer seasons, I beleive a lot more go for deer than Elk, but still either way it seems like your at Walmart during Rush hour out there[:'(]
Old 08-07-2004, 10:59 AM

First off I don't want anyone to missunderstand what I'm about to say, it's just an observation. I have found plenty of deer wounded durring gun season. I think one of the reasons alot of waistage goes on be it by gun or bow is not enough people take the time to practice with their weapon of choice. It seems this happens alot in area that are close to a large metro (city) area. I have talked to some of these people end they will tell me they are still using the same box of shells they bout 5 yrs ago. Same goes with archers that say that went out a week before the season and shot a dozen arrows. Now mind you not everyone is like that but it's those that blacken our eyes to the public. It would be interesting to know how many complaints Weyrho. has gotten about found or wonded animals on their lands. That might be the cause behind the closings.

Quick Reply: weyerhauser lands closed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.