HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - weyerhauser lands closed
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 06:34 PM
trapper T

Default RE: weyerhauser lands closed

Wayne I think it may be a preference due to numbers? Gun hunters out number bow hunters like 3 or 4 to 1. Not to say that's fair but I think that's the reasoning behind it. Even as a gun guy I'd like to see them shut some of the spur road gates to limit vehicle access a bit. If you ever get the chance, go to the Vail tree farm during the rifle deer season, go with the intent to watch how mind numblingly stupid some of these" hunters" are? It's a hoot , I grew up hunting there and to watch some of these bafoons is truly a riot.Mostly because of their woodsmanship is that of a gnat.That and the deer they bring out...wow...I don't know how they see those antlers with a spotting scope[:'(]

About four years ago I took a smallish forked horn, 10-12 inch spread, 5-6 inch forks. My deer and one other guy who got a 5X5 were the biggest to come out that WE? Most are knot heads that were probably early fawns that happened to get a couple bumps on their heads. It's a shame I wish this state had the nads to restrict antler points some what. But those same moronic hunters are the ones at the WDFW meetings crying about not getting antler restrictions.[:'(]