weyerhauser lands closed

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

weyerhauser lands closed

Old 08-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: weyerhauser lands closed

Pac,
I don't think that has much to do with the closures, but I have NO doubt that is why there are so many animals wounded. Most people, bow and gun hunters alike, don't take the time to shoot their weapon to be proficient with it. My dad is a prime example. He'll take his rifle out of the gun safe 2 days before season, shoot it 3 or 4 times to check zero, then hit the woods with it. He misses a deer nearly every year, and can't understand why. The mentality is How hard can it be to hold the cross hairs or sight pin on the vitals and shoot. There are a lot of things to go wrong between the ears down to the finger. But this is a whole other topic.

Glad to see the rain yesterday. We need more, but I think Noah could come floating by Weyerhauser gates with his bow, and they'd still be locked.[:@]
Old 08-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

How's your bow coming along Slee..??...Mine's all set up with everything new on it....sighted in, and ready to go...I'm out shooting every chance I get. Ya still coming over for early bow arn't ya.??...If so let me know what date's you'll be here...Diane like to set up the meal menue ahead of time so she can be ready...If ya want anything special...just let us know....ya know we aim to please here.. ...Shot my elk on Weyerhauser land last year...but some of the biggest bull's I saw were on some private land I was hunting....so...if Weyerhauser land is closed to hunting...I still have other place's to hunt over near there..
Old 08-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WAYNE1

Shot my elk on Weyerhauser land last year...but some of the biggest bull's I saw were on some private land I was hunting....so...if Weyerhauser land is closed to hunting...I still have other place's to hunt over near there..
You ain't got to rub it in. Yeah, we're rolling your way probably on Thurs Sept 2nd, and head back home on Labor Day if that's OK. If you get me that stand put up that the deer like to walk past broadside at 20 yards, I'll be chasin' a bear pretty soon after arrival. Tell Ms. Diane I'll even help with chores since you'll be guiding Bldhound and Annie Oakley.

I'll be bringing your's back to you when I come, but I've got this other bow fairly close. I did a durability test on a Montec head at the range today, unintentionally since they are $10 per head. I buried a Montec 1/4" deep into a metal pipe from 30 yards. The arrow didn't make it, but the Montec only lost the end of it's tip and broke one of the blades loose from the ferrel at the rear. Very impressed with the construction. It'll be a yote or ground squirrel blade, depending on which one is pi$$ing me off at the time. I won't be testing any more, since a Montec and a GoldTip XT Hunter totals to $15.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:21 AM

Slee, my post was in resonce to some earlier posts on here as to what was said about animals be wonded and left and to a comment that was possibly made by a weyco supervisors about bow hunters.
It seems weyco has started limiting it's land access, makes you wonder how many anti's or tree huggers are calling the shots now.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slee...Them date's are fine..Dang...them some spendy practice tip's....Ya might try what I use for a target instead....I use a foam , or hay bale target's....and ya can try more than 1 shot at em.....give it a try and tell me what ya think.......Oh yeah.....do you feel safe useing my climbing tree stand's...or ya feel safer in something more sturdy.. ??
Old 08-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Just to fill you in who don't know, Deer Season 'round here is like Elk Season X10 with the number of hunters. Every road and spur has a rig on it. It's gettin' pretty crowded.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just to fill you in who don't know, Deer Season 'round here is like Elk Season X10 with the number of hunters. Every road and spur has a rig on it. It's gettin' pretty crowded.
That's the way it is alway's here during deer and turkey season.....not sure which one's worse..
Old 08-08-2004, 07:06 PM

Although I agree with your sentiments on why there is wounded game, the reason I gave for the closure of those gates were from well third party experience.My Dad worked for Weyco for about twenty years until the mid '80s those reasons I gave were the exact ones they told him as to why the gates were closing.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

Wayne, I've used hay bales when I was using aluminums, but I don't dare shoot a carbon at a bale now. I hate ripping bales apart to find my arrow, if it were for some reason not to blow completely through a bale. As far as using something other than a metal pipe to stop arrows, I generally make an effort to use my "Block" target or something of similar consistency. I just thought I would sacrifice $15 for the sake of knowledge for my fellow hunters in case they were to pursue the wiley chain-linked fencetail. You believe that one if you want to. That's my story.

As far as stands go, I don't have a problem using climbers. I'll likely bring my Ol'man with me when I come, but feel free to hang stands anywhere you think a deer will walk by. Don't go to any extra trouble for me to have a treestand. If you don't mind me pruning some limbs, I'll make a good tree.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:36 PM

Slee did I read you use the Montec broadheads? I've been thinking about using them I was looking at the G5. As far as arrows I've been using the Goldtips for about 4yrs now. If you could let me know which Montec you're using and how you like them I'ld appretiat it. Thanks

Quick Reply: weyerhauser lands closed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.