Whos getting pumped up for turkey season >

Whos getting pumped up for turkey season

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Whos getting pumped up for turkey season

Old 04-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whos getting pumped up for turkey season

LOL!! I"m right there with you Trapper! I went out Friday night and found a nice longbeard right up in a new area I've never hunted! That's always fun! I got some nice picutres I need to post too but we are supposed to be working on the yard today so I can't take the time now. He was just strutting around and gobbling but there were a ton of other people up there that night doing misc. things so I didn't get much chance to work him or see if he had any friends in the area. Still, nice to see a long beard in a 15 minute scouting trip.

I'm with you, can't wait for the season to begin. I'll probably be hunting out in the Tarpiscan. Where do you hunt that's an hour away?
Old 04-04-2004, 09:22 PM

Oh about a half hour or so South of Cashmere. Not wanting to be too specific but just north of Cle Elum. Ya it was kind of nice fiding birs that fast, I took the Wife and Daughter(2 1/2) so it wasn't the quietest scouting trip But I've never heard a bird move that fast. Hopefully he will stay calm until that Saturday because I can't get out ther til then
Old 04-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I understand. I don't want to know where you're going just like I don't want others knowing where I'm going.

Sounds like you got a pretty good area picked out. Didn't know they had turkeys in that area and good luck to you. Pretty cool your wife and daughter went out with you and you had so much luck.

I do most of my hunting around town here, between 1/2 hour and an hour south of town. Big area and the turkeys are doing really well. Nice they are doing so great, I really love to hunt them and it's such a pain to go North to hunt. Now I can stay in my own bed every night with the wife and still go hunting.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:16 AM

The Turks have been around since at least '94, I spotted some while deer hunting way back when, And they seem to be blossoming all over. I can't see any reason for them not to do as well as the Colville bunch, it's pretty much the same climate and habitat. I've been told by some in the NWTF that know whats happening that we're now seeing Merriams heading down the Mts. as far west as Issaquah. But I stumbled on to this bunch and they don't seem to be hunted very much, at least by on foot. Lost of road hunters[:@] That makes as much sense as road hunting with a bow(I've seen it). And I do like that part of sleeping in my own bed too I'ts only an hour or hour & 10 for me to the honey hole. But in the future us Coasties are going to start finding that out and crowding up these areas. Lets just hope they stick to the roads
Old 04-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe you. I saw a turkey in the median of I-90 last fall between N. Bend and the Summit. Took me aback for sure! Pretty soon they'll be everywhere in this state and they'll be paying us to get rid of them. Unlimited limit and year round season! Whoohooo!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:55 PM

I hope it's soon, because I'm only about a half hoour from Issaquah and it'd be nice to be able to hunt them out my backyard. But by then I'll be so sick of this place I'll finally get the cahoneies tomove to Eastern Wa. Only thing right now holding me back is all my Daughters grandparents live here. And I'd play heck gettin my mother to move over East[:'(]
Old 04-05-2004, 10:10 PM

well we got our confirmation today, we will stayin at the colville inn wens.,thrus., and fri. we'll head out wens. morn and probably get into town around noon. we'll get settled and head out and do some lookin around before thrus. morn. i'm gettin exited about this.
well good luck to everyone and especially to me i've never got one yet.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Stick, it'll happen one of these days! Just keep getting out there, that's the key.

Trapper, you need to just do it. The Grandma's will only appreciate your visits even more once you move away but I understand if you need them around.

Just a word of warning for those heading to the Colville area, specifically Davenport. Went hunting up there a couple years ago and the motel at the East side of town is run by an older woman and she refused myself and a friend from staying there since we were hunters. Thought my fellow hunters should know not to give her your business next time you're over that way.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:40 PM

I know, I know... My wife really wants to and I do to, maybe we'll get some debt paid down(Powerstroke) and such then mosey on over. This place sux bad. Whenever I get to Easton I just feel more relaxed then when I start heading West I can feel the blood boil[:@]. That's strnge on the Hotel thing, wouldn't think you'd find much of that over there? It's still a prodominant way of life in those parts. I'd almost expect it over here more so.[:'(]