Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone pumped about turkey season? >

anyone pumped about turkey season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone pumped about turkey season?

Old 03-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone pumped about turkey season?

ladies and gents, I can't wait for the 6th of april. I have been seeing and hearing birds lately, and it's got my blood flowing!! I haven't taken a gobbler with my bow yet. Let's hear it.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-24-2005, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone pumped about turkey season?

I have already lost a few nights sleep just planning my hunt and where I'm going to go--and our season here does not open until April 25th..
Old 03-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I spotted 4 bird's all fanned out yesterday when i was heading to work .I'm pumped as well but I got some time to wait because the season doesn't open till April as well.

nubo
Old 03-24-2005, 07:39 AM

This years gonna be my first turkey hunt ever i cant wait!!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thump Thump ThumpThump Yea my hearts pumping.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:15 AM

I'm having mixed emotions about this springs turkey season. You see, In my state the spring gobbles season is a lottery and this year I struck out. No Gobbler tag for me[X(].

Really it's not that bad. I've been trying to draw a moose tag for the last 15 years, also no to avail. I was thinking about doing some shed hunting and possiably doing some calling for the practice. Heck, if I get proficient then I'll look for someone with a tag and see if we can't team up on a gobbler with a bow. It's pretty tough to call and shoot all by yourself.

To all you who can buy a tag or were lucky enough to get drawn, good luck. y heart will be with you guys
Old 03-24-2005, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

That would suck have to be drawn.
Our season doesn't start until april 30. I wish it was earlier. Spring is a busy time of year between turkeys and fishing.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm ALWAYS pumped about Gobbler season!!! I got excited this past weekend. I took the kids out to shed hunt, check the cams, and do a little scouting and as we were driving down our lane they were 15 Turkeys feeding in the cornfield! I'm ready, let me at 'em! I'm NOT pleased with the fact that I only drew ONE tag for my own county for April 16-21 and then one tag for a neighboring county for mid May? I'll still enjoy ANY day I get to chase 'em though. I just don't understand why they don't let us draw a special BOW only tag good for 1 Gobbler the entire seaosn. One weekend just doesn't cut! [&:]

Here's a cool Gobbler pic I took a couple weeks ago..... don't see many like this!

Old 03-24-2005, 10:10 AM

Cool pict IL

Just look at the size of the the wing bone. You'll either need lots of ke or a percisely placed broadhed to take down bigbird

Quick Reply: anyone pumped about turkey season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.