Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Whos getting pumped up for turkey season >

Whos getting pumped up for turkey season

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Whos getting pumped up for turkey season

Old 03-13-2004, 02:11 PM

Default RE: Whos getting pumped up for turkey season

Man still a month and a few days left. Me and Brushchimp went scouting today around here on the west side and found some promisable new territory. Blew on an owl call a few times but to no avail. I thinks its still a week or two early for the west side birds, but Brushchimp, Brushmonkey(brushchimps dad LOL), His cousin (My girlfriends brother) and I will be heading east for the opener till early the week after. Now thats got me pumped.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Been much gobbling started over there? I see elkcrazy says they're strutting and gobbling. Is that the same for everywhere over on that side? Like Bigsmooth said, couple weeks early yet over here. Hopefully next weekend..
Old 03-15-2004, 12:24 PM

We went down to my lease outside of Pendleton last week saw a flock of 100 to 150 birds. The next day had a group of 11 big toms walk by. No gobbling or strutting.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

I went back to my spot saturday morning but didnt make it all the way, to much snow on the road still and didnt want to get stuck back there on my 4 wheeler when it started to melt. couple more weeks, saw lots of elk though.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm fired up big time! Went prescouting last weekend and found over 22 birds on the public land I hunt. Managed to get 4 of them to gobble to me. Was able to see most of the gobblers too. Most were jakes but one long beard with 7 hens will be getting my attention in a couple weeks!
Old 03-31-2004, 10:12 PM

It's starting to gnaw at me, this is the only time I wish my Daughter would grow up faster so I could take her next weekend Oh well I'll scout this weekend...that will help.

POwer, looks like you may get some hunting pressure this year, the Liar and Bull$---er was bragging up that area as a place to hunt, and you know all of us on the leftside of the state are looking for a shorter drive. Not me though I've got a honey hole already picked out. Good luck to ya!
Old 03-31-2004, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problem trapper, we gots lots of land over here and it's all public so I can't stop you from coming over and I'd rather the hunters on this site were over here instead of some of the locals. Unfortunately for most the area I hunt has only 2 ways in and 1 is through locked gates, which I have a key and the other is impassible due to the snow in the shaded areas on the road in. The only traffic out there right now is people on 4 wheelers and dirt bikes so if you have one of those you can get in. There's already a ton of hunters there in most years anyway 'cause the stupid state includes a turkey tag with the small game licence now so you get all the bozos out there road hunting for turkeys like they were some sort of big grouse. Don't get me started...
Old 04-01-2004, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took a snowmobile trip up to the Colockum on March 19-21,camping at the Lilly lake snowpark on the Basin Rd. Every morning they were talking to us from what seemed like all directions!! Sure like to get another trip in over there, but there has probably been TOO much melting going on. Have you heard of,or been to the Coffin cabins Power???
Old 04-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nah, the cabins are up on top and I can't even drive 1/2 way up yet. I don't have access to snowmachines either so I have to wait until all the snow goes away, probably sometime in June or July.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:12 PM

Whooooooooweeeeeeeeee who go you all fired up Trapper T?

Quick Reply: Whos getting pumped up for turkey season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.