Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 WA hunters... >

WA hunters...

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

WA hunters...

Old 12-05-2003, 07:46 AM

Default RE: WA hunters...

Well, these are the results of my 2003 season. Idaho deer on the left, Washington deer center and Washington elk on the right. All in all not a bad season.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats to you and everyone else. Nice mully!
Old 12-15-2003, 12:54 AM
Typical Buck

Tag soup for me. I shot at a big doe this morning, but after having the cap fail to go off twice, I wasn't really expecting the cap to go off when I pulled the trigger the third time. Third time's a charm because it fired, and I missed a broadside shot at 60 yards because I flinched. You gotta love muzzleloaders in wet conditions. Sad thing is I could've shot another doe while I was looking for sign from the first shot, but I didn't risk shooting 2 deer. Oh well, time to get ready for turkey season.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:53 PM

Hey slee, Was that in the area that we were talking about with the closed gate
or another place?

And yes its time to start doing some serious scouting for them turkeys!!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scout for turkey..??...Not a real good time right now for that around here....since every field ya go by has a big ol flock sitting in it
Old 12-15-2003, 09:16 PM

I wish it were like that were I will be scouting!!!
Old 12-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

Yes Shaun, it was in the little weed patch down on the left just past the fork in the road. I'd spooked deer there earlier this season before legal shooting time, so I wasn't caught off guard by them being there. Still hate that I didn't connect. I was in that area a bunch this fall, and I never saw a turkey track, feather, or any droppings. We'll have to discuss that a little more later.

Wayne, stop rubbing it in! The only flocks you see over here are the ones people are feeding on private land. I'm gonna try to locate some private land to hunt this spring, or at least some less-pressured public places that actually have birds. I'd be more than happy to do the calling for somebody if they have such a place to hunt with birds on the west side. My hunting partner has taken 2 birds in 3 seasons of me doing the calling on the east side, so I guess that is a success rate of some sorts. If anyone wants to take me up on the offer, shoot me an e-mail.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slee....yep....most of em are on private field's.....but most of the field's are butted up against state or federal land....geeeez...I'd let you call for me anytime
Old 12-16-2003, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

Wayne, what the hell are you talking about? I've been trying to call a turkey in for you for 3 years now, and you just can't seem to fit me in to your schedule. I'll give you advanced notice on exactly where I'll be hunting, and you are more than welcome to bring your gun on by for a hunt. The calling's on me. Me and my hunting partner will hopefully be hunting with Bldhound and his much better looking hunting partner down at Addy again.

I've invited my brother, cousin, and buddy that hunted with me 2 years ago to come out from MS, but they probably won't come. Since my brother did Wilderness Survival School in the Lil' Pend Orielle WMA, he refuses to tent camp in WA. Something about mosquitoes the size of B52s. I keep telling him them there aren't any during turkey season. If they do come, I'll probably hunt the powerline area up by our camp in Kettle Falls so as not to wear out our welcome on Bldhound's private land honeyhole. You just can't turn too many Southerners loose in the turkey woods, or all hell breaks loose. You can be sure we'll have a good time.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Slee..."mosquitoes the size of B52s"...Bet if any of our Alaska hunter's are reading this thread....they must be laughing their head's off...there they are about that size........How come a gotta bring a gun..??...Can't ya call em in close enough for my bow..??....lol [>:]

Quick Reply: WA hunters...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.