WA hunters... >

WA hunters...

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

WA hunters...

Old 12-18-2003, 01:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WA hunters...

Wayne, if my partner wouldn't be in such a hurry to shoot, there's no telling how close I could call them. If you and I can actually get together for a hunt, you can bring your favorite rock if you want, and I'll do my best to put him in your lap. As soon as I decide if I'm coming early or late season, we'll have to start talking seriously about it. Fred is always making other plans when I come that way to hunt turkeys too. I'm starting to get a complex. Ya'll got something against rednecks?

I've never had a problem with mosquitoes while turkey hunting over there on the east side. We do have a decent reference for BIG mosquitoes though. I don't think Alaska has a thing on the Mississippi Delta. Something about thousands of acres of flooded rice fields and Summer nighttime temps in the low 80s that really pack those skeeters in. If they don't tote you off, they'll suck every drop of blood out of you. They think DEET is a pheromone. Bldhound can back me up on this.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slee.....sound's like a deal to me....We'll make for sure plan's when ya have your date's figured out.........as far as them pesky mosquitoes....Every Texan I've ever talked to...does nothing but brag about how "Texas alway's has the most and biggest of everything"....so guess they'll claim this title also [>:]..........I lived in Georgia for 9 year's....so guess ya can classify me as a hick/semi-redneck
Old 12-18-2003, 11:11 PM

I got a 3x3 blacktail, it wasn't nothing huge but it wasnt small. I had my eyes on some bigger bucks but never did see them so I had to take the 3point in extended buck. O Well there is always next year.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats WaBlacktailHunter! At least you tagged something. Meat's meat.

Wayne, I could tell you'd had some culture at some time. You've got "Good Ol' Boy" qualities, even if you don't talk like one. I'll keep you posted on trip plans.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:21 PM

Hey goodgoing WaBlacktailhunter.

Was that around the Elma area?
Old 12-19-2003, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: shaunpmr

Hey goodgoing WaBlacktailhunter.

Was that around the Elma area?
Thanks! No I didn't get it down in the Elma area. I was hunting in the Matlock area.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:14 PM

Slee, I'll back ya up on that. Until you've been giggin in the delta on a nice balmy night.......................heck you just can't tell someone, you have to have been there!

I'll be sure to keep you posted on the Southern Deer Extravaganza 2003. I willl post picks of anything of interest, I'll even let the better looking hunting partner be in the picks.

She told me today Slee that she thought her Christmas present was a ground blind so I wouldn't get PO'd during Turkey season from her wiggling around....................just like a woman to think crap like that!!! Hummmmm I do have time to buy one of those from Cabelas before the 25th though! LOL Come to think of it, I like the way she thinks.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slee....."Good Ol' Boy" ....Let me tell ya...I was the class of the pack...Drove a broken down pick-em-up with my gun rake in the rear window...dressed up in blue jean's and my best T-shirt, and topped it off with my baseball cap...Had my 13" Beagal....and drank BPR......Hell...I even ate grit's...
Old 12-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Damn Wayne, I had no idea you were that experienced in the ways of Southern living. As I'm sure you found out, we do things a little different. Good old Pabst Blue Ribbon...that's right up there with Milwalkee's Best. And grits. I'm getting homesick.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:51 PM

I got me a pick em up truck with a gun rack in the back and a CB radio
I wear my wranglers and a camo ball cap.
Does that make me a "good ol boy" too!!!?

Quick Reply: WA hunters...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.