Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 10:39 AM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Jerry--I e-mailed them to you last week, but to your jep address....I emailed them again today to your hotmail address....if there' s another address I' m supposed to send them to let me know!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Juno, got the e-mail. SEAK told me that you had .net instead of .com on my last e-mail, so that' s probably why it didn' t go through.

This is a great picture, congrats again to Wendy!

Old 09-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Woohoo, sorry about the size. I' m trying to find a way to shrink it down some!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:26 PM

Hey VBM--SeAk just called and asked me to let you know that he' s heading down the road again with your alternate. He' s not out of cellphone range yet, and already has one goose. I' d give you more details, but he had to hang up on me, because there were more geese!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

We miss chatting with you ArcticBowman about AK in the chat room.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:22 AM

OH-MY-COD THAT WAS GREAT!!!! Just got back from another goose hunt after work, left about 7:15 and got a goose almost immediately, then chased 2 cranes around the tundra for a while befor they decided they didn' t enjoy that game as much as I did and flew away. Party poopers![:@] but all is well that ends well, so we continued down the road and were able to limit out with my four geese within 45 minutes of starting. First time I have ever limited out on geese, and to do it with a bow is a serious bonus!! had them cleaned and ready for the freezer before shooting light was gone, thats the way its suppored to work!! What a blast!

VBM, I miss you up here buddy, wish you were here to enjoy the fun.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too cool buddy! Wish I could be there tooand have the camcorder running while all this shooting is going on.[8D] Hopefully you' ll leave a couple geese in the flocks for me when I get back on the 16th.

Silvertip, I usually have the 2 year old running around while I' m on the computer at home, so being on the chat has been difficult. I might try and make it on in the next couple of days though. After the 16th I' ll be back in Alaska at work, so it' ll be easier for me to jump on the chat then, as long as I' m not out geese or bou hunting.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

WELL NOW I' M IN THE CLEAN UP AND TAKE CARE OF MEAT MODE FOR A FEW DAYS I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET WITHIN 6-7 YARDS OF A ' BOU DOZING IN THE BRUSH AS HE JUMPED AND BOLTED I GOT A SHOT AND HE WAS DOWN IN 70 YARDS. WE HAD PLENTY OF STALKS BUT MY HUNTING PARTNER WAS UN ABLE TO CONNECT. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF BOTH OF USE WHEN I GOT THE 13 FOOT JET BOAT IN RAPIDS WITH 3-4 FOOT STANDING WAVES GOT IT TURNED AROUND WITHOUT SWAMPING THE BOAT AND GOT THE HECK OUT OF THERE[X(]. THEY A FEW MILES DOWN RIVER WE HAD A GRIZ CHARGE OUT OF THE BRUSH AND INTO THE WATER TO GET US, LUCKILY WE WERE UP ON STEP AND PASSED HIM BUT HE SWAN/ RAN BACK TO SHORE AND CHASED US FOR 200 YARDS DOWN THE ROCKY BEACH THEN GOT OUT OF THE BOULDERS AND ON THE BANK AND CONTINUED TO CHASE US[] HE WANTED A PIECE OF US BAD. I CAN ONLY FIGURE HE WAS PROTECTING A KILL SIGHT.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

WELL I WENT BACK TO CHECK THE PICTURE I WAS GOING TO POST AND MUST HAVE GOOFED IT UP ...LETS TRY AGAIN

Old 09-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

GOT IT CHECK OUT HIS DOUBLE SHOVEL THE ONE IS A DEFORMED KNOB IN FRONT OF THE EAR. MY SECOND CARIBOU. I THINK IT HAS BEEN 14 YEARS SINCE I GOT MY FIRST. WAY OVERDUE

SEAK CONGRATS ON THE SUCCESS OF THE NEW HUNTER IN YOUR FAMILY. ALSO ON ALL THE GEESE, WOW THAT IS GREAT.

LATER PAT

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.