Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

New to this whole thing

Old 10-05-2004, 08:57 PM

Default New to this whole thing

Hey there all!! I am fairly new to waterfowl hunting, but I do enjoy it a lot. I usually only go when my brother comes home to go out. We use his boat, and he calls. Can any of you offer advice on how to find a hunting buddy to go out with? I don't know of anyone here in town who goes out duck hunting, but would love to go more often. I know I need to buy a call and practice that, too. Or, is anyone in SE Iowa looking for someone to go out with? LOL. Just had to ask. Great forum here. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:17 PM

Default RE: New to this whole thing

If you have access to some good duck holes, partners shouldn't be hard to find. I'd be there tomorrow if I lived anywhwere close! Keep posting here and other waterfowl forums and someone will scream "ME! ME!"
Old 10-06-2004, 01:32 PM

I would think if you put in the subject line "Looking for a hunting partner SE Iowa" you would get some responses. I don't want to get in trouble here by posting links but there are other web sites that are mainly geared toward waterfowl hunting so I think you may get a better response from one of those sites.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:51 PM

what big town in iowa do u live by? i live up by dubuque.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have some friends who live near Iowa City after working there this summer. PM me I can maybe help you out.