Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Sea Ducks

Old 10-13-2003, 02:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sea Ducks

This is a rare topic but does anyone hear know of an outfitter that offers diver and sea duck hunting? I' ve always wanted to hunt sea ducks at least one time in my life but I' ve only recently started really looking into it. Any info would really be helpful.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:13 PM

Default RE: Sea Ducks

I don' t remember the guide, but the other day on " Hunting ducks with Billy and Buck" on OLN they were hunting sea ducks in Brooklyn Maine. you might do a search and see what you can come up with.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:34 AM

There are several guides here in Maine that do Sea Duckin. There is one here at Maine Yankee where I work who comes highly recommended.. Kennebec Guide service. If you want more info, I' ll get his number and the numbers of some other Maine guides that specialize in Sea Ducks.. It' s a pretty rugged sport weather wise with cold temps and pretty steady winds.. You sit out on small rocky islands along the coast and blast em.. Pretty high limits.. Check out the Maine DI&FW website for season and limit info.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Just like huntin on the lakes back here. Yeah if you could get those numbers that would be great.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:59 PM

Here' s a webpage offering a bunch of Sea Duck hunts in Maine. Maineguides.com. Check out small game and it' ll list the guides that do sea duck hunts.. Good Luck.. the guy I know is Mark Hinkley of the Kennebec guide service. I' ll get his number next time I see him..
Old 11-02-2003, 02:36 PM

Jlb,

There are also several good guide services in Mass. I haven' t used any (I live on the NH coast) but I have heard good things. Eiders are a beautiful bird when mature and are a lot of fun. Very fast and bigger than you would think.

A quick note...

There are a ton of birds around here right now. More than we have seen in years. We limited out today in less than two hours (14 birds, two guys) and would have limited out yesterday if I could have hit anything. Early on, I wouldn' t have hit the water if I threw something over the side.
It was my first day with a new gun, so that' s what it must have been. Either that or bad loads. That' s my story and I' m sticking to it!

-Sentenza
Old 11-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seem to remember seeing some ads for guided sea duck hunts on the Chesapeake Bay. It' s not much, but maybe it' ll help.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:15 AM

I have been using sea kayak for hunting past 20 years here in Iceland, shooting over 200 sea ducks every winter. Also I use my kayak to hunt shags (cormorants) in the western part of Iceland. Check my web site:

http://www.sportbud.is/index1.php?if..._myndasafn.htm

or www.sportbud.is and click at Myndir & greinar. There you can see few samples from my kayak hunting methods.

Regards

Robert