Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

where are all the ducks?

Old 12-10-2003, 12:30 PM

Default where are all the ducks?

we have been hunting lots lof geese here in sc kansas but there arent very many ducks any answers
Old 12-11-2003, 08:31 AM

Default RE: where are all the ducks?

I hope they've all moved down here to Texas with the most recent cold front! Seriously though, I heard you boys up in Kansas were covered up with ducks.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:33 PM

I am right there with you Txbowjunkie. I am further south than you so I guess I get a little head start on ya. Pintail and Canvasback open today for the South Zone. I hope to see a few this weekend. I saw Canvasback a few weeks ago, but obviously we didn't shoot.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:06 PM

Dawg, we've been covered up in Canvasback but our season on them doesn't open until Dec 18th.

They've been really thick the last few years. Numbers are low my a$$!

No pintails have buzzed us at all this year. The mallards are just starting to show up. Ringneck, gadwall and ruddy are everywhere. Teal are still moving and I've seen some geese here and there.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:06 PM

Oh yeah! Welcome to the board
Old 12-11-2003, 06:08 PM

Not many ducks in KY either...anybody know?
Old 12-11-2003, 09:47 PM

ALMOST ALL OF THE GEESE AND DUCKS HAVE LEFT NORTHERN AND CENTRAL COLORADO DUE TO THE COLD FRONT HERE.ALL OF OUR LAKES AND MOST RIVERS ARE FROOZEN SOLID.THIS JUST HAPPENED 2 DAY'S AGO.SO SOUTHERN COLORADO AND NORTHERN TEXAS SHOULD BE GETTING ALOT OF WATERFOWL POURING IN AS I SPEAK.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:30 AM

Im in extreme southern ontario(lk st.clair/erie area) loaded with mallards and divers right now. Tons of geese also.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

So that's where they all are....

Sure as heck ain't many down here in Arkansas...but I'm still going in the morning...actually, since it's 4, in about 30 minutes...

I haven't been to bed yet, but there's something about chasing ol Daffy that makes me keep coming back for more...even if it means, no sleep, and there ain't any ducks...

Good luck everyone!

And speakin of Kansas, I'm goin to Chanute to hunt ducks/turkeys on Sunday...I'll let yall know how it goes...
Old 12-12-2003, 08:24 AM

Knock em dead FroMan. If KS is a bust and AR doesn't pick up, you're welcome to come down here and smack a few!

Quick Reply: where are all the ducks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.