Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Public Land in Manitoba

Old 04-04-2003, 05:54 PM

Default Public Land in Manitoba

Hi Guys
my name is Steve I am 20 Years old. I live in Northen MN. I am wondering If anybody knows any good public spots close to the boarder in Manitoba or and good areas near the boarder ar within about a 100 miles of it. I have a boat and Im not affraid of putting some effort into hunting.
Thanks
Steve
Old 04-04-2003, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Public Land in Manitoba

Hi Steve. Try travelmanitoba.com. That should give you a good start, if not email me and maybe I can help you further.

Ron
Old 04-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Public Land in Manitoba

There is a fair amount of marshland in the Interlake region that is crown land and open to the public.
www.gov.mb.ca gives you links to maps and the hunting regulations book.
Check into Delta Marsh, BigGrass Marsh. Netley Marsh is on the south end of Lake Winnipeg and is huge with a ton of places to hunt. You just need to get in and out without getting lost.
Also look on the East side of the South end of Lake Manitoba, there is lots of marsh in that area that can also be good. Look around St. Laurent as well.
Oak Hammock has a few spots but most is private, expensive leased land and pretty much all field hunting.
It' s actually pretty easy to get permission on most private land as well except around Oak Hammock which if you ask me is overrated anyway. Too many hunters.

There are lots of spots you just need to do some looking.
Good Luck