Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

The memories

Old 02-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The memories

While driving around today, I drove by one of the local Wildlife Producation Area' s. I saw tons of greenheads and geese were hanging out in the sun. Do you think they were trying to gloat. Whatever they' re reason, it was really cool seeing all of them and gave me hope for next season. Any of you seen the same thing?
Old 02-23-2003, 09:27 AM

Default RE: The memories

I had the same thing the other day. I was goose hunting on a little frozen bay that had a small stream that was not froze running through it. I went in the afrernoon so when I went out, I pushed a few ducks of the water. Well, when they returned they brought a few of there friends with then. They were comming in flocks of fifty or sixty birds. They did this about every five to ten minutes for about an hour or so. At one point I lost count at 358 birds on the water. This is the most ducks I have ever seen. Too bad it wasn' t duck season. ALthough I didn' t see any geese it was worth it to see all the ducks.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:12 PM

Default RE: The memories

I think they are gloating! I am seeing more ducks and geese since the season ended than I did all season. I guess it just goes to show that Mother Nature does rule all. LOL.