Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

memories

Old 01-28-2005, 11:26 AM

Default memories

its a little slow around here lately so I thought I would ask everyone what there most fondest memory hunting is or what you feel is your biggest accomplishment in the world of hunting.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Default RE: memories

Since Ive never killed any deer[:@] I would have to say my fondest memories are going up to the cabin with 3-4 of my buddies every year and just sit around and play poker and do crazy stuff.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

All of the memories of going hunting w/ my father. He no longer hunts due to his age & poor health. Every hunt we ever went on together when I was a boy is very special to me. The most memorable isn't a success story, but the time we got to our spot in NY way too early and decided we'd "rest our eyes for a few minutes". We woke up 4 hours later! Never stepped out of the truck. That was a great one! Great day out of school too! I miss hunting with my best friend, but he lives through my hunting success & failures now. He wants every little detail... He is always there with me.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

The two fondest merories I have both involve my son. First was his first hunt. The week before the season we had a wicked wind storm that knocked trees down all over in the ceder swamp that we were hunting in. It was tricky getting in to the stand in the dark before, but with all the downed trees it was like hunting on new property. As we were making our way through the tangle of trees I guess I was swearing a a little bit under my breath and he says " You can stop praying to God now Dad, the stand is right there". I guess you had to be there, it was pretty comical.
The second was a year later when he shot his first deer, a nice 8 pointer. We tracked the deer for almost a mile and then lost his trail when he joined up with a couple of other deer. By that time it was after legal shooting time . So we went back the next day and my son made a clean shot on the same deer after he jumped it from his bed and it stopped and gave him a broad side shot. The first one is always special.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:15 PM

my fondest memories would be the first bear ive had come in at 20 yards. 2nd would be the first trophy buck i got. Both i took with the bow. Nothing compares to a first born child and a day in the great outdoors!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:41 PM

WELL THIS FRIEND OF MINE I HUNT WITH ON OCASSION,HAS BEEN HUNTING FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS,WITHOUT A DEER THIS YEAR HE COULD NOT GO OUT SCOUTING WITH ME.SO I SET HIM IN A GOOD AREAAND HE GOT HIS FIRST DEER THIS YEAR. WHATS FUNNY WAS HE WAS WITH ME WHEN I GOT MY FIRST DEER IN 1999
Old 01-28-2005, 01:06 PM

Hunting with my Dad when I was kid
Old 01-28-2005, 01:39 PM

Years ago. Last day of deer season, an hour before close. I was sitting in a tree looking at 12 inches of fresh snow on the ground. Daydreaming about something. Looked up to see a 154 inch buck (I had it measured) walking past me, along the ridge. Truly a GIFT.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

My fondest memory is getting my late father back into bow hunting. He was more of a gun hunter and started bowhunting again after I had some success and kept hounding him to start again. I will never forget him shooting his first and having him tell me the story or when he shot a buck got stuck on the track job and called me at 11 pm and asked if I could help him. I drove the hour and half to help him track and when we thought all was lost we found him at about 2:30am, short night for having to work at 9am. He became so addicted to bow hunting he used all his vacation on it and just hunted the first two days of gun. He thanked me for getting him back into bowhunting because he enjoyed it so much more than gun, I just wish I could have one more hunt with him.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:23 PM

i would have to say gettin my first deer by that time i liked hunting but after that i was addicted

Quick Reply: memories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.