Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Mallard Machine

Old 01-18-2002, 07:37 AM
Spike

Default Mallard Machine

Has anyone used the Mallard Machine for ducks. Is it worth the price? What was the advantages it gives and disadvantages it gives. Thanks in advance.

New to waterfowl hunting -
Old 01-23-2002, 12:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-23-2002, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mallard Machine

I think they can work pretty good, have seen them work well in some situations. Just remember: You've got to have room to carry it ... and a battery, too. they CAN BE a pain to set up. They are expensive but not too bad to make one on your own. After all, you've got 10 more months before you need one again.

Romans 8:28
Old 01-23-2002, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

That's 9.5 months or 7.25 until teal season. But anyhow we watched a few guys shooting over a mallard machine and 4 robos just across the bay from us one morning. They were getting more shots until we made a decoy adjustment then it seemed they spent more time messing with all their gadgets than they did hunting. But they did have a good shoot that day. Personally I just like to keep it as simple as possible and just adjust for different situations. A lot less can go wrong that way.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:27 AM

I bought a mallard machine this year.

Pros:

It does bring the ducks in for a look.
It will work in conjunction with other types of mojos to help your situation.

Cons:

I carry my set up in a large back back. It's not to heavy due to the small twelve volts on the market today.

It takes a total of ten minutes to set up, if the water is deep enough. You need water as deep as your knees or right over to dunk the decoys. Anything shallower your just stirring up the water.

I like it.

The best thing on the market that I have seen work this year are the mallard jack kites that you put on sixteen foot poles. They fly with barely a breeze and when they fly, they dip and dart like a real duck. Now we are talking about bringing down ducks