Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

mojo mallard

Old 08-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Spike

Default mojo mallard

Does anybody use one of these and how effective are spinning wing decoys?
Old 08-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: mojo mallard

I hear that they work very well for duck hunting, buddies and I are talking about getting one for this season.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

The Mojo definately works. If you are hunting on public land and you have someone in the same area that has one and you don't......you won't be getting many birds The birds will go to the mojo!
Old 08-31-2004, 02:03 PM

Default x

wrong post
Old 08-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: x

Huh???
Old 08-31-2004, 04:34 PM

Yes, they work. I have four that I use alternately depending on spread. Two on poles and two floaters. The two pole mounts will get their attention from a distance and the floaters give them the confidence of motion in the decoys. We don't hunt without at least one now.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:57 PM

Last fall I went duck hunting with a buddy who had just bought a motion decoy (spinning wings) off of ebay. We were about 100 yards away fom another group of duck hunters who were already set up with there floating mallards so we set up our group of floating decs and set up this motion decoy. Well about 10 minutes later we had so many ducks fly right into our spread it made me spin. I have never seen this happen before. We even sat in the blind and just watched ducks land in our spread. Ducks seemed to like this spinning wing decoy as the other group 100 yards away only had 3 land in there spread all morning. As we were packing up after we limited out one guy from across the way came over and asked us what this decoy was and where to get one as he said it seems that your decoy attracted all the ducks, so he said he was going to buy one. Some days are slower but this decoy really works well so we went out and bought 2 more. I am now looking into motion geese for our goose hunt.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:15 AM

I have used the spinning wings pretty much sence they have been out. Useing them is a diffrence like night and day. I to have had other hunting groups around me when useing these decoys and have had the same exper. of the ducks tornadoing strait down into my spread as the other groups just watched. Here in Minnesota the state has put aside certain dates that we can use them. The first couple of weeks is strictly regular decoys then after that it is game on. Another good decoy setup to use is the Mallard machine this works very well in putting motion into your decoy spread. I have had other ducks land right on top of the decoys with this machine.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:14 PM

We use two of them and never leave without a min. of 3 ducks each person.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

You use hens or drakes?
Also which size mojo?

Quick Reply: mojo mallard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.