Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Alberta Waterfowl?

Old 08-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Spike

Default Alberta Waterfowl?

I will be in Calgary te second week of September. I would lke to make a waterfowl hunt or at least do some bird watching while I am there. Any advice?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alberta Waterfowl?

Order your licenses & Can. Fed waterfowl stamp NOW! They can take a few weeks to get in the mail. You can probably get an AB Non-res. lic. over theinternet, but you'll have to gettheCan. Fed. waterfowl stamp from Canada Post.

If you're bringing your own firearm, try to get a copy of a JUS-909 (I think that's the form no.) it's a Canadian Non-Res.firearm declaration (Can$50 fee). It's easier to fill out beforeyou get arrive in Can. You can fill one out at the airport, but it will take some time.

You might be able to find a farmer or two who'll let you shoot some geese off his fields, or ducksoff a pond. Look to seeif there's an outfitter who's got space. that may be your best bet. Good luck.

War Eagle! 13-0 last season. Yessir!