Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must) >

Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must)

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must)

Old 04-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must)

wow......same old argument.
It's not the cost or equipment, its the operator, but the equipment used has to be adaptable to the location and to whom is using it.
The user must know the equipment backwards, forwards, and upside down. And most outdoor 'video professionals' don't know the nuances of their own equipment and why certain things in video are or aren't acceptable in comparison with other video shows.

There is no secret formula to shooting an outdoor video. It's a wide open field for introducing new styles of shooting, new ways to shoot it and new people with new show ideas.

But your responsibility----IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT----is to NOT PUT OUT bad video......and so far, I haven't been impressed with 99% of everything I've seen on air.

But good luck to you all.....first learn about video before you can think you can shoot it.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

I agree 100% man! I'm not saying I'm happy with all the footage we have/take - we're just really trying to get the quality as good as possible because I think it's more enjoyable to watch.
No doubt. By the same token I'm going to spend every waking moment in the woods with or without a cameraman. I guarantee you the footage I get filming by myself while hunting will be leaps and bounds better than that I would have gotten sitting on the couch wishing I had a cameraman.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

I agree 100% man! I'm not saying I'm happy with all the footage we have/take - we're just really trying to get the quality as good as possible because I think it's more enjoyable to watch.
No doubt. By the same token I'm going to spend every waking moment in the woods with or without a cameraman. I guarantee you the footage I get filming by myself while hunting will be leaps and bounds better than that I would have gotten sitting on the couch wishing I had a cameraman.
And me thats all Iam going to be this season is a camera man. I love it. I am still part of the hunt dont need to do the killing LOL.