Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must) >

Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must)

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must)

Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must)

I wanted to drop a quick note for you obsessive video guys that have the same bug in your system that I do....I have been making rock solid professional video for hunting with the following set-up..You can sway a bit frommy opinions...but I will specify the important points...and what I have learned:

Camera:
I use a panasonic AG-DVC30 - 3CCD cams are a must if you want perfection in low light. A+ Quality

Wireless Mics - You need a cam that holds wireless mics if you want to hang like the big boys...
I use Azden Mics from B&H ----http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Editting Software - Some of you may laugh..but my "Pinnacle Studio 11 " makes some awesome video.
I also use it in my side business for wedding video ...Cherished Memories Videography, LLC

Tree-pods - If I do not have a camera man "almost never for me" I use the gorilla camera arm for hunting.
http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPIA_en___US231&q=gorilla+camera+ arm&um=1

This info just may be worth its weight in gold if you're looking to get started...helpful hint..if you're really going to get serious don't go cheap on a cam...search ebay..and get a cam...plan on spending 600+ for supreme footage...remember...we usually kill in lower light conditions....you're not filming your baby girl in the living room at home with a 200 dollar cam from wal-mart...although this style will get you on board..after a year in the woods you will be looking for an upgrade...

Lumanocks - I almost forgot...Lighted nocks will add something special to your vids...I will not pass another arrow through on cam without them...its not worth it for me...If you're looking to create a video to satify yourself and family and friends..make it on TV...whatever....light that arrow up and show your viewers an up close and personal picture....of your arrow....passing through the lungs!

Have fun! Email with questions

Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must)

Steve,

Look up longbuster12point06 for more questions too...He monitors this site..I have seen some of his work....he's good...check him out..

Brian
Old 02-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Brian, funny thing is I had an idea in my mind the other day about self filming as I have a problem with camera guys too. I was thinking of that same arm and wondered if I could get it to work on turkey hunts. Seems you anwered my question in this thread.

I've been running camera's for years and keep it to the quiet side. I just produced my first turkey dvd for retail and have to say there was a lot more then what I expected before I got it to that stage.

Good Luck and thanks

Old 02-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

How did you get your video to the stage? Maybe I can learn from you on this topic? Hope to hear from you soon!

Brian
Old 02-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm new to this game and trying to learn as much as possible, so this thread is great. Thanks.

I have a question about the quote below:

Tree-pods - If I do not have a camera man "almost never for me" I use the gorilla camera arm for hunting.
When you say, "almost never for me" do you mean you almost never have a cameraman or that you almost never do NOT have a camera man? I'll work with a cameraman when possible and be the cameraman on some hunts, but there will be many times when I go it alone so any tips on that would be a huge help for a newbie like me.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hardly ever have a camera man. Its just too hard...we're all so busy with responsibilities in life....when you get your free time to hunt you want to hunt for yourself...not video your buddy. This is my situation....I do try my best to get a camera man when possible though.

Good Luck!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Good thread Brian.
I'll add my opinion if you don't mind.
In addition to the wireless mic set up I would also include a good shotgun mic. Most if not all in camera mics aren't good.
I agree not to go cheap on a camera, but I think that goes for all your gear you use. My opinion is get the best you can afford.
One thing you didn't mention is the editing set up. Ideally when viewing your footage and editing you should be using an external monitor, not your computer monitor.
Oh yeah, the computer - Mac

Ken
Old 03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

For sure...the shotgun mic is a must. A 3CCD cam with a shotgun mic, XLR adapter with connecting wireless mics that you hook on your collar...thats the setup!

Where do you find this stuff? Nowhere but B&H B&H B&H B&H!!!!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
Old 03-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Well B & H is a good source but there are others..........................

Full Compass
New egg.com

are just a couple more that are legit, and full compass is very knowledgable and helpful
Newegg.com is a good discount store to purchase cameras and accessories but they are not technically skilled.

I'm sure there are alot of others as well, these are the few I have dealt with and had good experiences.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

Well B & H is a good source but there are others..........................

Full Compass
New egg.com

are just a couple more that are legit, and full compass is very knowledgable and helpful
Newegg.com is a good discount store to purchase cameras and accessories but they are not technically skilled.

I'm sure there are alot of others as well, these are the few I have dealt with and had good experiences.
Good info on NewEgg. I love that site for PC equipment. You're right about the technical aspect, they are not the best, but they provide excellent service. I didn't know they have video gear too. Now I do.

Quick Reply: Making Proffessional Hunting Videos (A must)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.