Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

controlled pheasant hunt

Old 12-02-2004, 04:23 PM

Default RE: controlled pheasant hunt

it seems useless even talking to you about it in your narrowminded thinking. i actually do more wild bird hunting than preserves, it just heats me up when tunnel visioned hunters come on these boards and make it sound like people who use preserves are the bottom of the barrel hunters and those that don't, have something over those of us that do. if you don't like it fine, but i see no sense in cutting down those that do, not everybody can drive your so called thousands of miles looking for a place to hunt. if you cannot see where some people are coming from on this, then you most likely never will.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:12 PM

Let's see if I've got this straight:

1. Someone asks for an opinion on controlled pheasant hunts.

2. I give my opinion, yet prefaced with a "we can disagree but we're all on the same team so let's act like it" line intented to soften any unintended blows I might land.

3. Tyleetess responds to my post with indignation dripping from his mouse. His sarcasm is thick enough to warrant waders while you're reading it and a hot shower when you're done. He hates my opinion. Apparently even the one inviting him to drink a beer on my tailgate at the end of the hunt.

4. I correct the sweeping generalizations made about me and reinforce my meaningless opinion again.

5. Tyleetess snaps and throws words around like "narrow-minded" and "tunnel-visioned hunters" while claiming I have ripped into other hunters in the process of voicing my opinion.

You know what heats me up? When people attack the person and not the opinion. Think I'm wrong on this subject? Think I'm way off base and hunting pen-raised birds serve a higher purpose? Prove it. Convince me and everyone else you're right with valid, well-crafted arguments and not "must be nice to live in your world" third-grade rhetoric.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:58 PM

i didn't mean to hurt your feelings over this. when we have the supposed beer on your tailgate i'll remember the tissues
Old 12-14-2004, 08:01 AM
Spike

Todd, just to stir things up (cause its fun, and dont worry I'll still invite you over for a beer)

You posted

"3. They provide a way to hunt pheasants in states without a viable bird population.
There's a reason why you don't hunt brown bears in Kansas. Dall sheep in Oklahoma. Or caribou in Texas. Those animals aren't native to those areas. By bringing the animals to you instead of taking your gun to those animals, you mess with the natural balance of things. And you do so for no other reason than your own selfishness. This argument simply isn't right. If you don't understand that, you probably never will. "

Call me crazy but I dont think any Pheasant in the country can call itself Native. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, Had to do it.

As for the topic at hand. Well soo far I cannot form an opinion, I have never been pheasant hunting. However I am going to a preserve tommorow to shoot at some birds. Is it "hunting" probably not. Will it make me addicted and start me searching for places to hunt.............................................. .. hopefully.

Bassn