Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

chucker in wisconsin

Old 02-20-2008, 06:25 PM

Default chucker in wisconsin

does anyone have any experience or knowledge on growing and releaseing chucker in central wisconsin. Will they overwinter and populate an area. I would like to grow some for dog training and general hunting but dont want to hurt the wild pheasant population. I hear there are populations in parts of wisconsin but have never seen one outside of a game farm. I dont mind if they overwinter but dont want them to become an invasive species.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Spike

Default RE: chucker in wisconsin

If there are any chukars in Wisconsin they have escaped from game farms. Chukars like arid regions ( Idaho,Washington,Oregon,) a few other states. Wisconsin has some Hungarian partridge in some areas though I have never seen any. Neither bird will compete with pheasants though some times I have shot them in same habitat in other states. Hope this helps.