Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Hornady LnL classic kit or RCBS  Rock Chucker Supreme kit? >

Hornady LnL classic kit or RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Hornady LnL classic kit or RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit?

Old 12-21-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Hornady LnL classic kit or RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=151386

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=646599

i would imagine the hornady books to be more substantial than the speer but thats mere speculation. I havent been around reloading long enough to know if the lock and load quick change system is a good thing or not.

the supreme says its taller than previous versions to allow for taller cartridges. but hornady makes no mention of its maximum capacity. The tallest thing id ever load would be .338 lapua magnums.

If anyone can chime in on the capacity of the hornady please do.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:09 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Hornady LnL classic kit or RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit?

The hornady is probably a decent product. I can't say I have used one. But I really like the sepreme. I load for STW, RUM's and its nice for that. Also the new primer catch is much better than what I got.

The only issue I have with using the horandy lock and load, is its not standard. I realize you can get the adaptor, but its nice knowing I can put a lee or redding or lyman die in my RCBS or my RCBS in a Lee classic without an adaptor.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

buy that hornady from Graf's and get your first 500 bullets free!! same price as Midway I believe
Old 12-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

This would be my choice over the Hornady, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with their products, just prefer to stay away from having to buy special adapters.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=305282
Old 12-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme. I think the "Speer" reloading manual is probably the best for beginners. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

On this one Id have to say RCBS all the way for single stage setup the L-n-L feature is totally unnecissary for a single stage press. I do however prefer hornady for my progressive needs. I have a 366 12 ga progressive and a L-N-L AP press the only down side is my lee dies dont work well with the L-N-L feature so I ended up buying a set of hornady 45 acp dies for the progressive press which isnt that big a deal since I only use the progressive for that caliber since I shoot 45 acp the most. all my other pistol calibers I still load with a single stage.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

This would be my choice over the Hornady, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with their products, just prefer to stay away from having to buy special adapters.
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=305282
are you talking about the lock and load inserts?

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

On this one Id have to say RCBS all the way for single stage setup the L-n-L feature is totally unnecissary for a single stage press. I do however prefer hornady for my progressive needs. I have a 366 12 ga progressive and a L-N-L AP press the only down side is my lee dies dont work well with the L-N-L feature so I ended up buying a set of hornady 45 acp dies for the progressive press which isnt that big a deal since I only use the progressive for that caliber since I shoot 45 acp the most. all my other pistol calibers I still load with a single stage.
It seems to me the LnL function would be just as useful if not more on the single stage because you will be removing each die more often on a single stage than on a progressive, no matter if you are focusing on one caliber or fifty you be swapping the dies several times per bullet.