Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Please read this before purchasing a bird dog from this Kennel!!!! >

Please read this before purchasing a bird dog from this Kennel!!!!

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Please read this before purchasing a bird dog from this Kennel!!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Spike

Default Please read this before purchasing a bird dog from this Kennel!!!!

Please read this before purchasing a bird dog from this Kennel. I bought a bird dog named Suzie from http://harriskennels.com/ in Kansas. This has been the worst experience i have ever had in purchasing a bird dog. We watched the dog work and listened to what they had to say about the dog. We liked so we bought her. We get her home, and she is completely not even close to what we thought she was. This dog has never been hunted/trained in tall grass, never seen a hedge row, and acts like she has never seen a wild bird, only pin raised birds that have to be thrown up. We notified the owners immediately with our concern and was instructed to give the dog some time to adjust to the change, which we agreed to do. The dog never came around and in fact hasn't improved at all. We were instructed to give her 30 days and see how she reacted, then never heard back from the kennel. I have just recently contacted them to see if there is anything that could be done, it has been 2 months since I have heard anything. Their response was nothing could be done, but they are sorry we are disappointed in the bird dog. IMAGINE THAT!! This dog is not worth what we gave for her, not even close. If you are considering buying from these people please contact me and come and see the product we got when we arrived home. I will buy some birds and take you on a hunt with her. If this is the type of dogs that this kennel sells I want everyone to see before wasting their money like we have. I will guarantee that they will not receive another dime of our business!! I AM IN NO WAY TELLING YOU NOT TO BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE, ONLY TO VIEW THE PRODUCT WE WERE SOLD BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR DECISION. Please contact me with all questions and concerns, [email protected]. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:30 PM

Default RE: Please read this before purchasing a bird dog from this Kennel!!!!

Do not take this post as is. He was offered a refund after 30 days and did not take it. On SGW there is a post with the whole story and its not at all like the one posted here. He bought a started dog and thought it should be able to perform like a seasoned vet with out exposure to birds or any other training.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 PM

might forward this post to the kennel. There are 2 sides to every story....
Old 02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Spike

I am here to tell my side and haven't seen the post! I feel like we have got a bad deal here and that she was highly misrepresented! Please post the link to the other story!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

This sounds fishy. I would like to hear the other side too.