Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

HOMEMADE BIRD LAUNCHER?????

Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 AM
jwy

Default HOMEMADE BIRD LAUNCHER?????

ANYONE EVER MADE ONE AND HOW WELL DOES IT WORK,TRYING TO SAVE SOME CASH.ONE GUY TOLD ME TO MOUNT A STRAWBERRY BASKET TO MY SKEET THROWER(I NOT SURE THAT WOULD WORK VERY WELL),ANOTHER SAID TO LAUNCH IT OUT OF A POTATO GUN,I WAS GOING FOR SOMETHING THAT WORKS ON THE SAME PRINICIPAL AS THE TYPE YOU BUY.THANKS
Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Default RE: HOMEMADE BIRD LAUNCHER?????

both these will make a lot of noise and may startle or distract your dog. When training your dog, the last thing you want to do is make him afraid of birds. You spend too much on a dog, andexpect too much out of the dog, don't cut corners on training. Check the classifieds, but buy a production unit. Sell it when you're done training and get your money back. Just my suggestion.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
jwy

Default RE: HOMEMADE BIRD LAUNCHER?????

VERY GOOD ADVICE AND NO I WASN'T GOING TO TRY EITHER ONE OF THOSE.I DID FIND SOMETHING INTERESTING THOUGH.CHECK IT OUT AT http://www.birddoginfo.homestead.com/launcher.html. IT LOOKS FAIRLY SIMPLE TO MAKE,BUT I DONT LIKE THE MANUAL RELEASE AS MY PUPS MIGHT APPROACH IT FROM A DIFFERENT DIRECTION.I READ YOUR POST ON THE FEEDER,LOOKS GOOD,CHEAP,AND EFFECTIVE.WE HAVE ALOT OF RACOONS THAT SEEM TO GET INTO EVERYTHING,HAVE YOU HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THEM GETTING INTO YOUR FEEDER? ANY CONSEVATION ON BIRD HABITAT WOULD BE GREAT,HERE IN NORTHERN TN/SOUTHER KY AREA,ITS HARD TO FIND WILD BIRDS,I WOULD GLADLY REINTRODUCE SOME BUT LIKE YOU SAID ITS VERY HARD TO GET THEM TO SURVIVE.
THANKS