Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Dove Hunting - Reward Band Question >

Dove Hunting - Reward Band Question

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Dove Hunting - Reward Band Question

Old 08-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default Dove Hunting - Reward Band Question

I was reading on the Virginia Game and Inland Fisheries website about the dove hunting season when I saw information on banding of doves for tracking the migration and whatnot. I kept reading and saw where there are reward bands on some of the birds (probably not many) that actually have monetary values that you call in and end up with a cashiers check or something similar. Does anybody know anything about this? It didn't tip my scales of going dove hunting one way or another (I'd already committed to it), just curious if anybody has ever gotten a banded bird or one with a reward band.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dove Hunting - Reward Band Question

Yes. It's an incentive to get people to call in and report the tag. Alot of people don't bother with reporting the tags. This is just a way to get people to report them. We don't have it here, but I've heard about it from my cousins who live outside of Richmond.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:56 AM

I never hunted Dove, but there is a flock somewhere down in the forest where I live. When I get close they usually are in pairs, I can hardly see them there just about camouflaged, They let me get within 17 feet of them, and thats about it. I really want to hunt them.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

We've had a similar request to call to report banded doves in TX the past several years. I don't know a soul who has even taken a banded dove. The bands are small but not so small that you would miss them putting them in your vest....