Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Whose Bird??

Old 09-04-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Whose Bird??

This is no big deal at all but i was just wondering what yall thought...

I was dove huntin in a corn field that was cut for sileage and it had a grown up creek bed runnin on the edge of it... a bird flew over my cousin and he wounded it and landed close to me in the grown up stuff...I figured id do him a favor and get it for him... I saw the ruff area where it landed and walked to search for it..i kicked him up and he took off so i shot him and folded him...i picked him up and was goin to put him in my bucket and my cousin thought it should be his bird on account of he knocked it down originally..once agian not a big deal because i take all the birds anyway.. but whats yalls input..

Oh yeah..and by the way when i shot the bird i busted the breast all to pieces so it turned out bein no good anyways lol..
Old 09-04-2006, 07:58 PM

Default RE: Whose Bird??

With a beat up bird I woulda given it to the other guy. You have one less bird against your limit and get to hunt longer. That is unless you have a bet going with who limits out first and with the fewest shots...
Old 09-05-2006, 08:49 AM

I had the same thing happen to me on opening day of dove season. It seemed like everyone wanted to claim every bird that fell around them. It bothered me at first but then like jaysweet3 said I just got to hunt longer which was great for me. I ended up shooting my limit and recovering all of my birds before 2p.m.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

it's your bird. you reduced it to possession.