Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

dove hunting advice

Old 08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default dove hunting advice

this wroks best for me. I usually throw the first box of shot gun shells in the trash because i usually dont hit anything with them anyway. by the second box i'm warmed up.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: dove hunting advice

DK, how are the doves looking up around Amarillo? Looks like yall have had some rain that way. I hunt around Childress, and we have had plenty of rain lately there. I don't throw the shells in the trash any more. I just get five bucks out of my wallet and throw that away. Gas is to expensive to go to Academy. Larry
Old 08-08-2006, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

My best advice for not shooting a lot of shells is to shoot an over under, or only load 2 shells in your pump/auto. This way you are not forced to shoot that unforgiving frustration shot.

3 more weeks!!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

try leading them a little more.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: llbts1

DK, how are the doves looking up around Amarillo? Looks like yall have had some rain that way. I hunt around Childress, and we have had plenty of rain lately there. I don't throw the shells in the trash any more. I just get five bucks out of my wallet and throw that away. Gas is to expensive to go to Academy. Larry
I don't hunt around amarillo, I too do most of my hunting near Childress. I hunt right off the Red River south of Memphis. Looks to be a very good season. Very excited about this year.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Work on your gunmount and do alot of clay targets , sporting and skeet low gun. Relax and try to focus on the eye or the head of the dove. Your move to the target should be smooth and deliberate, not quick and jerky (you'll be amazed how quick you can be without the feeling of being rushed) and the shot should be in most cases a spit second after the mouint is completed. Don't measure your lead , k.i.s.s., see the target and shot.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:34 PM

if you can hit sporting clays... doves are a walk in the park.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 PM

Doves are much harder than clays...the clays just float out there while dove on the other hand do all of the ziggin and zaggin
Old 09-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best advise my grandfather gave me...lead and follow through.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

CAMO!!!!CAMO!!!! and warm up on some clays if possible

Quick Reply: dove hunting advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.