Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Successful Grouse hunt - pic w/dog >

Successful Grouse hunt - pic w/dog

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Successful Grouse hunt - pic w/dog

Old 01-30-2006, 04:36 PM

Default RE: Successful Grouse hunt - pic w/dog

CDover
I'am located South of Rochester NY , alot of good hunting up these ways, just have to Listen to the old timers chat, seem's they let a few secrets loose in there conversation's .I'am 1st year Grouse hunter & use a Sparton by remington O/U 20 gauge, only shot 1 bird so far, but getting the hang of it, flushed many, dang birds are fast !! Was just reading this months issue of NAHC magazine, a good article in there of Poniter/Flushing/retrieveing dogs....According to This article between Britts & labador retrievers seem to handle it all, But theres dogs out there that is just comes natural too & they do it just as good... Enough talking, good luck grouse hunting.....
Old 02-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are great pictures of beauriful dogs
Old 02-23-2006, 04:01 PM

its scary cause i was lookin at your dog and it looks exactly like my brit with the white line down the middle of the face and a orange back and then i saw it was named ben, and i was buggin out cause my dog is named ben,
just thought id share cause it was so wierdhaha

congrats on the grouse
Old 02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

Slowpitch
A flusher is different than a pointer. Either a dog flushes a bird or pointsa birduntil you get there to flush it. Neither is better than the other. It depends upon what you hunt, cover, and style, ie. what would you like to see. Also, they have different training styles in that with a flusher, you'll want to concentrate on retrieving with the pointer more on steadying (and some retrieving if you enjoy that.) The only cross I know of is the pointing labador but if you do get one, you'll have to train them to do both.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:51 PM

love the pics, they are great
Old 02-27-2006, 11:20 PM

More beautiful brits! I have three liver-and-white's and one orange. Your pup already looks like a winner.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:01 PM

I have 7 britts at the moment and expecting 2 litters in may I have 3 liver and white and 4 orange and white I just love hunting behind the britts looks like your having a good time with yours.