Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What is a successful hunt for you? >

What is a successful hunt for you?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is a successful hunt for you?

Old 10-20-2002, 06:48 PM

Default What is a successful hunt for you?

I'm talking about gross scores or the such, but what is a successful hunt for you? I think if I see a deer, then the hunt is a success. I can't go out a lot because of college, so anytime in the woods is good for me. Do I want to shoot a deer? Heck ya! But if I end the season today, with no deer, I'm not going to break down and cry. What are your thoughts on the subject?

"Playing under the table and dreaming"
Old 10-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is a successful hunt for you?

A successful hunt is bringing home a deer. It's the reason I carry a weapon into the woods.

Now before people jump all over me, let me also state that I enjoy being out in the woods even when I don't shoot anything. Some of the sights and experences are priceless. I do not get mad, if I don't bring anything home as I understand that more times than not such is the case. But I do not consider a hunt successful unless I bring home game. Most people claim every hunt is a success, because they are just there. I've never understood that thinking as many will not understand mine.

The thing that matters most is that you enjoy your time in the woods, both successful times and unsuccessful times.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:28 PM

I consider it a success any time I get to hunt.trap.or fish regardless. I just enjoy being alive and outside!! [;D] [;d]
Old 10-20-2002, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

All the fun is in the hunt. Pitting my skills against mother nature.

The kill is, as it should be, anti-climatic and when the work begins.

Bowhunter
Old 10-20-2002, 08:14 PM

I consider it a great hunt when I see deer. I have seen 21 so far this season and have yet to take one.
I consider it a sucessful hunt when I take a deer ( or what ever game I am after). After all thats what we are doing out there is hunting and the end result we hope for is to harvest an animal otherwise why would we bring our bow.

"Born to Hunt Forced To Work"
Old 10-20-2002, 08:15 PM

This evening as the light failed in the heavy woods I slipped out to the opening just overlooking the ridge and edged back into a cedar. There was enough light for about 10 minutes of hunting.

Out of the left peripheral vision I saw something flying through the air toward me. It was an owl landing in the tree immediately to my left. I watched him as well as the clearing for the next 15 minutes. As the light failed another owl began to call. He flew away. THAT WAS A SUCCESSFUL HUNT!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:46 PM

Every time i can go out and hunt i do and that hasn't been a real lot this year so far because of my job. So its a success even if i dont get a Kill.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:52 PM
BT
Typical Buck

Right now it would be if i could get more than 20feet from my back door. "i have a broken leg"
L. O. D. Charter member and L.O.S.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

Im happy just being there, Last year I let everything walk. and loved every min of it. U have to slow down to catch up with nature.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: What is a successful hunt for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.