Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any Thoughts?

Old 03-27-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Any Thoughts?

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions/thoughts on a 3-D type Camo? With the leafy type 3-D pieces.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any Thoughts?

i like it a lot, though i dont have any, but my friend does and it looks good. i really cant think of anything bad about it.. if your out to buy new camo i would say go for it.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:33 PM

Thanks! Any other opinions?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

I like it for the shadow depth dimension it ads, but I don't care for it when I'm the only foliage at a given location... especially under windy conditions.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

not me....looks kinda cheesy.....i much rather have a ghillie suit made from a retired military person....i know a guy that has one.....was crow hunting with him in a field and i walked right by him....didnt see him....no lie....he puts a little natural vegitation in it and bam....he vanishes...only reason i found him was because he lite up a smoke......at first i was like humm trees dont smoke? lol.......but the ones they make now i just dont like the looks of....never seen one in the woods...but i dont care to....just me
Old 03-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

those ghillie do hide you but if you are going to be doing much walking i wouldnt take one w/ me. the ones i have seen and picked up are pretty heavy. and i think it would be even worse in the warm spring time also. just a thought
Old 03-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

i made my own out of burlap potato sacks. cut a bunch of strips, 1-3 inches wide, by 5 to 10 inches long. dyed them 1/3 black, 1/3 green, 1/3 dark bown. oh yeah, left some natural, too ( guess that turns my 1/3rds into 1/4s.... )

sewed them up myself, and been using it for years for turkeys and bowhunting , too.

i leaves evidence of my passing on every barbed wire fence, pricker bush etc

i also learned the hard way about trimming up the side of the outfit that is nearest the cables on my compund!

and let me tell you, when i was filming my then-girlfriend (now wife) shooting her first spring tom, well, lets just say i forgot how good this stuff gets caught in a 5 strand barb wire fence. we still laugh about that one, i got stuck for 15 minutes after i tried to duck through it on the run while we were running to her downed bird. all on film.

the humanity.....

they DO work great, good luck!

moose