Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Your Thoughts.... >

Your Thoughts....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Your Thoughts....

Old 12-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Your Thoughts....

Hey Guys Just wanted some Ideas of what Accesories I should buy for my bow after I get it checked out and tuned up after christmas. I am getting some gift cards to cabelas for christmas. But here is my bow, it is an older bow that I got about 10 years ago as a christmas gift and never used it. I am deciding to go bowhunting next year and before I go out and buy a new bow, I want to use this one to make sure I really like bowhunting. So if you guys would tell me what you would put on this bow if it was yours I would greatly appreciate it. It has nothing on it, no sights(the pins are all bent need new sight), a flimsy plastic rest, no cable guard, no stabilizer and I have no arrows. Just give me a rundown of the products you would use so I can take a look at them and decide what to get. Thanks for all the help ad sorry if im a pain in the a**..............Matt
Here is the bow...... The Bow is a Bear Black Bear model......

Old 12-04-2005, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Your Thoughts....

Man....the best I can offer you is to take it to a Pro shop near you and
talk to the folks there. There's waaaaaay to many rests, arrows, sights, pins,
peeps, releases, finger tabs, gloves, etc to even begin to tell you which ones
are the right one for you.. They should be able to hook you up with everything
you need to get that bow shooting for ya. Hopefully they have a range where
you can send some downrange. Your budget will have much to do with the accc-
essories that you go with. I wish I could be more help to ya but someone will chime
in and maybe give you some more specifics.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:48 PM

I agree with bdu33, your budget will have everything to do with it. I will say that for a stabilizer, the limbsaver S-Coil works great and only costs about $20. I also think catwhisker string silencers work well to and they only costs a couple of dollars. I've seen both of these at Wal-Mart. Just decide how much you want to put into and go to a local bow shop. I've noticed with archery, you tend to get what you pay for. Good luck.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:03 PM

on a bow that old you better make sure you get accessories that will fit on it. things have changed and some things just won't fit.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:54 AM

I know a guy that has one just like it. It doesn't have a centershot riser, so rests on it are going to be of an older style to work best. A flipper and plunger will work really well for shooting fingers. He uses a simple, single pin sight and a powder-filled stablizer. He shoots very well with it. As the others said, go to a shop and have them help you.

[/align]