Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 cutting open turkey loads >

cutting open turkey loads

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

cutting open turkey loads

Old 03-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default cutting open turkey loads

Has anybody ever done this besides me
Old 03-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cutting open turkey loads

too expensive for me.....if i tested many loads and had extras just laying around i would....done it to many shot shells.....love the ones with the totally cheap EVERYTHING....love the cheesy wads ive pulled out of some....i also do look at wads i find from the diffrent loads.....ive found better wads from cheap cheap dove loads compared to one of my loads i did test this year...not sure what it came out of though.....i had 2 clear wads and flight controls laying out there....not sure if it was rem or fed....but it was generic...splits went clear down the side...had no base...nothing...piece of thin plastic with 4 splits clear down the sides.....flight controls look nasty.....i want to get a film of one going through the air in slow motion....no lie i had them hit targets at 30yds.....and go through at 25yds.....i also love the look of copper plated #4s....plain nasty looking......
Old 03-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

I once saw the contents of a Hevi-Shot load that steered me away from 'em. The pellets were not very symetrical and had some jagged points on them that I would think could potentially tear up a barrel.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen a few Remingtons disected years back that looked like the shot was swept up off the floor. They've come along way since then.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow......collected a neat wad the other day.....it was from an OLD OLD winchest double X turkey mag....2 3/4 in 1 5/8 oz of 4s...old red hulls.......it was a clear plastic wrapped around the shot....with a while/clear plastic cap....the clear plastic was wrapped around the shot charge..and the cap over it i think....fired and and saw it fly apart 5yds out....neat..enver saw one like that!!