Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How early do they roost? >

How early do they roost?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How early do they roost?

Old 04-19-2004, 07:11 PM

Default How early do they roost?

I dont know if its different everywhere or similar in most places but usually about how early before the sun goes down do birds fly up to roost?Just curious because i went out tonight to check this field i thought they may be in and i heard a few birds gobbling in the patch of woods they roost in. This was about 1 hour before dark so i wasnt sure if they were gobbling on the roost or not on the roost yet? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How early do they roost?

The one we have here usually go to roost just about dark . They don't all seem to go together ,one or two will start and then a few at a time will follow .They start working into the area about the last half hour or so , thats possible what you heard . It might be different in other areas but thats what we have here .
Old 04-19-2004, 09:53 PM

Default RE: How early do they roost?

If it was an hour before dark I would say they were still on the ground. The turkeys in my area seem to fly up about the time the sun disapears but you can still see fairly well.