Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

off the roost ?

Old 04-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default off the roost ?

i have found that nmost of the birds i have been hunting when they leave the roost they go east into the sun into open strutting areas these birds are merriams and are found in open ponderosa forests with lots of open areas these observations occur when birds are roosted on open ridge tops any other thoughts on where birds go off the roost ? East West north South
Old 04-19-2005, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: off the roost ?

Quite often they head for the nearest water, or mostly, away from whichever direction I am sitting.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:03 AM

Default RE: off the roost ?

if they are going east off the roost,then you get east of them. then they will go west.

LOL ; if you have them figured,just go in real early and get set on them.I hunt the swamps of Fla. they fly down in all directions.sometime if I can find them over the river,then I know they will come my way to dry land.it is hard to figure the way they will land in the swamp.[:@]