Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Worst turkey hunter

Old 04-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Worst turkey hunter

don't feel bad, with each hunt comes a learnin' experience....you have the birds coming to you, they'll cross that line, believe me and them.....your time will come...i hunted 4 years before got one, and i mean at least 20 days of the season , each season...my sister got me into it, but i'm still learning...alot more than she ever will trial and error and some good luck, he'll be in your freezer soon enough and when that time comes , you'll forget about all those hours spent in the woods....poooof, they wont even be a thought....good luck....
Old 04-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

You think you have it bad. I wish you could walk in my turkey boots for a couple of springs. You prob give up turkey hunting. Christ if I killed 2 turkeys every year for 10 years I think I would hang up the gun for good and take the bow to make it a little more challenging...
Old 04-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Like everyone else has said, don't give up. The reason everyone makes it sound so easy, is they're only posting the hunts that ended in getting a bird. The computer would probably lock up if everyone posted the ones where they didn't get a bird or didn't even see a bird. Come to think of it, I could probably lock it up and this is only my 3rd year turkey hunting.LOL Hang in there and like someone else said, if your close enough to see them and they spook when you move, your definitely doing something right. It will all come together. Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:24 PM

Welcome to turkey hunting.
Thats The Fun..Try To Outsmart Them. But Most Or The Time There Dang Lucky
Old 04-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Dominant Buck

.308 swar ,
you can't possibly be the worst turkey hunter since I'm just now starting this year !
Old 04-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Spike

Just scroll around and find my post ifn you think your bad
Old 04-15-2004, 01:49 PM

I honestly feel that alot of turkey hunting is luck. It's about being in the right place at the right time. When you go out to hunt, slow down and take your time and relax. Don't put pressure on yourself we deal with that to much in our daily lives. Turkey hunting is a vacation for me, no schedules or timetables. I leave my watch at home. Go out in the woods and enjoy just being out in the woods. It all has to do with your frame of mind. I tell myself I am going out and going to enjoy just being in the woods, if I get a turkey hey that's a bonus. Since I have taken this philosophy I have just hammered birds over the last 10 years. I have already taken 2 this spring. Just remember to slowwwwww down and relax. The birds will come! Trust me.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:04 PM

Everyone thaks so much for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate you all telling me not to give up and that is waht turkey hunting is about. I truely have a respect for turkey hunting and turlkey hunters. It is a sport of patients. It has taught me to enjoy waht i am doing and not be in such a damn hurry to find one and just realx. Well i did just that and i finally shot one. Read my next post for pics...
again thanks so much for all of your words of encouragement. I will never forget this first bird, it was awesome

dave, (brokenbucket) thanks for your emails and phone calls. I will hook up with ya soon. I cant wait to learn some more. You all are right, i have learned somwthing everytime i have been out

Old 04-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP, been there done that. Being older and wiser I'll tell you one thing. Enjoy the hunt, win or loose. I started turkey hunting in 1980. I had sold my business and closed on it the day before turkey season. I hunted public land EVERY AM for a month with a couple exceptions. It was a great season. I didn't shoot a bird but I called in 2 for other people. It was a blast. I had practiced with my mouth call for months. To me it was just getting into position to shoot and laugh at the beginner failures. I made them all, fences and creeks in the way, to close a set up, to far away setups, positioned wrong on a hill... you name it. There weren't a lot of people turkey hunting then, even if I was in Georgia. There weren't a lot of articles in magazines or anything to learn from. It was all OJT. Wonderful times. Don't think you JUST GOT TO GET A BIRD. That's when it stops becoming fun and people have accidents. Enjoy the trip and chill out a little. "It's suppose to be fun". ( CATHY)