Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Poachers

Old 04-07-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Poachers

Any body having this problem? Just as I was geting out of the shower yesterday, there were two shots on the hillside back of the house. I and a friend are the only ones that should be there legally. The friend last weekend was calling in a turkey when this hunter showed up right in front of his blind. He yelled at him to stop; But the guy turn tail and ran, clearing a 4 wire fence and almost broad jumping our creek. He disappeared in a thick grove of Pines. Prior to these two there have been 3 other instances that they have been in the timber. Are any of you having this problem?

Russ
Old 04-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poachers

Call the game wardens. Then try to get photos.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:19 PM

maybe you need to take a few brush shots at about 60 to 75 yards,make them know your serious.[][8D].

call the game comm. and get someone out there,don't wait.do it now.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with these guys, call the warden IMMEDIATELY.. He should fix things, or help at least.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

..CRAWL IN A LOG WITH THE CAMERA,...
Old 04-07-2004, 10:25 PM
cj5

used to have that problem[:@] then people started finding out i work for the sheriffs dept, dont seem to have that problem anymore
Old 04-08-2004, 01:43 PM

you need to take a few brush shots at about 60 to 75 yards
I think you had a typo there tree climber you meant butt shot with rock salt right? Yeah call the warden then go from there.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:32 PM

I assume you have the place well-posted.

Sad, isn't it, the people will resort to breaking the law for the sake of a "sport"?

I've never had the problem on the little bit of private ground I can hunt.

Only solution is to try to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Hope you have a cop and/or prosecutor who is a hunter and can appreciate the violation.

Don't resort to the self-help of shooting a gun at the trespassers as some have (I hope jokingly) suggested. You don't want to actually hurt another human, I would suspect, and you certainly wouldn't want the hassle or expense of defending against an assault or murder charge.

(IMHO, even suggesting such conduct is a poor/bad joke.)

If you invite me, I'll stake out your territory all season long, until you've shot your bird(s), and I'll run off any trespassers. (Joke.)

Good luck when you get to go!!
Old 04-08-2004, 06:57 PM

the only time i've had a problem was with some coyote hunters that didnt have permission to hunt my grandparents land. ran into them one day when i was out with the dog and they claimed they had permission, i actually knew one of the guys and he admited they didnt have persmission but had hunted there for years. i explained that i had recently moved back to the area and would be hunting the property year round and he agreed not to come back if i didnt want them there, but since he was honest i agreed to let them run the yotes after deer season ends. worked out ok, unfortunately these things rarely end so amicably.

if you can find out who they are, give them a warning and then let the authorities deal with it. good luck
Old 04-09-2004, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

set boobie traps, lol....