Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poachers

Old 12-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Poachers

Coming home from hunting this mornin, I thought I seen a deer layin on its side down in this ditch on the edge of the property I hunt on right by the road. Its like a dropoff down on this drainage ditch tube. I got down there and notice 3 does. 2 stacked on top of one another and yet a third on down beside the water. All 3 skinned down to the front quarters with the backstraps and hind leg meat gone[:@]
The doe on top had a bullet hole through her nose, the doe under her had a hole in her ribs and the third down in was skinned down to a big bruise which was about the size of a bruise caused by a gun shot. It was also in the correct position, in her ribs! I could see her as she wasnt covered by another deer, her leg bones were showing as the meat was gone.
I called the Game Warden and told him where they were and described the situation to him and he said there was 2 others found on a little hill across the road on the neighboring property durring shotgun as well. He said he would check it out tomorrow while he is making his rounds.
Man, this angers me to no end[:@] The fact that it was more deer than we are allowed to kill in a year, on top of that its on the property I hunt on. MAN this sucks[:@] This is my first run in with poachers especially around here.
Damn this sucks[:'(]
I HATE POACHERS[:@]
Old 12-30-2003, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Poachers

What a bunch of losers.That sucks.I hope they catch them
Old 12-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats terrible, hate to hear about the scum doing that. Hope the gamewarden catches them but its unlikely [:@]
Old 12-31-2003, 05:46 AM

Maybe all ethical hunters will get lucky....and the SOB's will choke on the meat!
Old 12-31-2003, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I feel your pain, deerhuntr107. Hopefully justice will catch up with these criminals, whether the GW catches them or they just do something stupid to themselves.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

It disgusts me when freaking idiots do this. I have seen situations like this in the past and the GW's never seem to catch these losers. I echo akbound's statement, "I hope they choke on the meat." That's a waste of good animals and good meat. I hope that the GW's there catch the criminals. That's 5 deer in a small area.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:02 AM

If you poach you will roast losers
Old 12-31-2003, 09:08 AM

catch them yourself, obviously the game wardens already knew about them and havent caught them, when they make there rounds what does that mean, lazy asses
Old 12-31-2003, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

catch them yourself
I agree with you. I firmly believe that the first thing to do is call the GW. That way you've alerted them through the official channels. Having done that, it's never a bad idea to make your own rounds through the property with a 12 gauge in hand. A show of force gets the message across better than anything else.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:28 AM

most Gamewardens couldn't catch a poacher if they nuked the whole county they worked in

Quick Reply: Poachers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.